Complete unoriginal "RTP the Game" game idea

Arsist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Lol- here's an idea- A complete RTP game with literally no custom content whatsoever.

No editing skills, equipment, actors, using maps outside a blank map for startup and the sample maps... The only thing you can customize are events, actor startup equipment (although you can't modify what types of equipment they use) troop events, common events, B+ Tiles in the world map and /possibly/ a few on a sample map.

You must introduce all 10 actors at some point in the game and they have to use their original names and must at some point in the game act according to their actor bio in the database, and you must use the obvious main villain antagonist demon king from the RTP enemy list. You also must include turn-based combat.

I don't think I will limit myself to making Actor 1/Eric the main character. 

I was trying this for a second and I'm not sure how I want to do this and how I want to introduce the characters. 

It's just, the whole idea to this is to see if it's possible to make a fully-fledged game without any real custom content aside from any systems made from common events, variables, script calls, choices, and conditional branches.

This process may possibly be utilized on earlier versions of RPGMaker.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This might be an interesting contest...how far can you stretch the default RTP? Maybe if I get some free time this upcoming winter break I'll take a crack at it.

Arsist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well it doesn't have to be an rpgmakerweb project or contest but if you want it to be one then gladly! Lol. I would love to see everyone's iteration of a sample game.

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
rpg makerhaters be like: "isn't this ture for every rpg maker game? lol"

sry for nonsense comment xD

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you openly admit that it's a nonsense comment, that means you're spamming, which is against the forum rules. Might be a good idea to take a look at them - the link is in the bottom right corner of every page.

Weren't there a few small games made that were pretty much like this when only the trial was available? Or when Lite came out?

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
sry

that i add somethig usefull to the conversation:

i remeber a game i played the demo: "The Cliché quest of Saving the Princess and Other Almost Heroic Deeds" which pretty much was like the description of op (also i don't think it was striktly only rtp but mostly)

don't know if the project is still around

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds like a game I'd like to play :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz

You can at least play the demo, it's on Steam Workshop here

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
one note the event where you get your first party member can be missed so you first movement should be straight right in that demo

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.
If the world treats you like an enemy... Then the world must be your enemy...
What started as 1 RPG in development on the Nintendo DS, turned into 4 RPGs in development (1 on VX and 3 on VX Ace). Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen