RMMZ Completely Remove Gold feature from Menu and everywhere!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello all! I wish to make a game that has no use of the gold/currency feature of RMMZ, how do I go about removing it completely? I'm using the Visustella core plugins, and I can't find any plugin parameters anywhere to remove the gold window completely. x(

Thanks so much for any response! :D

The_Sarah

Let's make great games together!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This was actually the first thing I did (by accident) when first learning code with VX Ace :kaodes:.

Sorry I don't know anything about MV and MZ systems yet though.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am just helping you as I can according to my ability. I think the forcus on the gold window of VisuStella is their core and menu plugins.
In manu of VisuStella plugin:
Thinner Gold Window: - Make the Gold Window thinner in the Main Menu? - Used to match the Playtime and Variable Windows. Auto Adjust Height: - Automatically adjust the height for the thinner Gold Window? Auto Adjust Y: - Automatically adjust the Y position for the thinner Gold Window?

The core plugin:
Gold Settings

Gold Max:
- Maximum amount of Gold the party can hold.
- Default 99999999
Gold Font Size:
- Font size used for displaying Gold inside Gold Windows.
- Default: 26
Gold Icon:
- Icon used to represent Gold.
- Use 0 for no icon.
Gold Overlap:
- Text used too much Gold to fit in the window.

JS: Draw Background: - Code used to draw the background rectangle behind clickable menu objects

Last edited:

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all! I wish to make a game that has no use of the gold/currency feature of RMMZ, how do I go about removing it completely? I'm using the Visustella core plugins, and I can't find any plugin parameters anywhere to remove the gold window completely. x(

You can try removing it from being displayed by moving the x & y coordinates off-screen if that's possible.

Otherwise you're asking in the wrong place: you need to go to their discord and contact them directly. The plugins are obfuscated, so no one can tell you how to make a minor edit that hides the gold window display.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If they are using the default menu scene and gold windows within their plugin, then you could perhaps just alter those functions in a new plugin placed below theirs.

for example: (taken from default codebase)
Code:
// this function draws the gold information into the window.
Window_Gold.prototype.refresh = function() {
    const rect = this.itemLineRect(0);
    const x = rect.x;
    const y = rect.y;
    const width = rect.width;
    this.contents.clear();
    this.drawCurrencyValue(this.value(), this.currencyUnit(), x, y, width);
};

// this function calculates the gold window position
Scene_Menu.prototype.goldWindowRect = function() {
    const ww = this.mainCommandWidth();
    const wh = this.calcWindowHeight(1, true);
    const wx = this.isRightInputMode() ? Graphics.boxWidth - ww : 0;
    const wy = this.mainAreaBottom() - wh;
    return new Rectangle(wx, wy, ww, wh);
};
You could try editing the gold window rect to have a 0 width and see how that goes. :)

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see the key of this problem:

You can delete the gold with JS again I do not know if it will work or not. I am just guessing and troubleshooting. :)

Command Window List
MainMenuCoreParam2.png

The Command Window functions as a hub to the various scenes linked from the Main Menu. These include 'Item', 'Skill', 'Equip', 'Status', 'Save', and so on. This Plugin Parameter is an array that lets you add, remove, and/or alter the Command Window's various commands, how they're handled, whether or not they're visible, and how they react when selected.

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone! And omg xD :D Haha, I only wanted to remove the gold feature because I wish to make a game in MZ, one that has no battles or usage of shops with gold and etc. :) Kind of like a mystery game or something, if possible! :)

Btw, I've tried looking for the Gold window to be removed above, but to no avail. :( It seems the Visustella's plugin only allows to adjust what you can do with the Gold window, and not remove it completely. Because even if I did move the gold window unto an un-seeable X and Y coordinates, gold still shows up upon saving a game. :( X( Like, I really wish for the Gold system to be completely abolished from the phase of my game's existence. And I also would love to remove the Stat parameters (STR, INT, AGi, etc.), but thankfully, with the parameters, I managed to hide them via removing the Status command on the window and etc. Thanks so much for any help!

Sarena

RPG Making since RM95!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Where were you able to find the information to move the gold window offscreen on the main menu? Was that in the VisuStella MZ plugins, or did you have to manually navigate to the codebases as mentioned in this thread?

Because even if I did move the gold window unto an un-seeable X and Y coordinates, gold still shows up upon saving a game.
I did find a way to remove the gold from the save menu. If you're using the VisuMZ SaveCore plugin, you can actually remove it there.

If you go into the Style Settings > JS:Save Display Info, the gold menu is drawn in the save menu there.

You can either comment out the line entirely, or replace that information with something else. In my game, I replaced the "gold" value with displaying the current map name instead like this:
JavaScript:
info.gold = $dataMap.displayName; //$gameParty.gold();

Another method for removing the display in the main menu (though it's not perfect) is deleting the Currency value in the System 1 database, and in the VisuMZ CoreEngine plugin, changing the Gold Font Size to 1. It's still technically there as a tiny dot, but it's kind of gone, haha.

Last edited:

AmMitch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, so I'm sure you no longer need to know this, but I had to do the same thing and just sorted it out. In case you or anyone else needs this info, just install this Gold Window Customizer plugin by SumRndmDde. In the parameters, there's a section called "Information." From the field for "Information 1" simply remove the word "gold" entirely. This removes it from displaying everywhere I've looked, including on the save screen.

Good luck! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDevloG