Composer looking for a project

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all. I'm a composer looking to offer my services writing and recording soundtracks for games. I've been making music for over 15 years and have created material in various genres including film soundtracks, rock, pop, classical, and hip hop amongst others. I have a home studio and a diverse range of gear that affords me the ability to achieve a lot of different sounds. I've also worked professionally in audio post-production for over 7 years. 

Regarding rates, I have a sliding scale depending on your project's means and ambitions. I have a flexible schedule and am able to dedicate as much time to your project as is required. I also work quickly and efficiently. If you're interested in working with me, send me a message and we can talk about your project and see if we'd be a good match. Below you'll find some of my work. I can do other styles and genres as well, so if you don't hear something that fits your vision, ask anyway because it may be something that I can do. In addition to the samples below, you can listen to even more of my work here.

To see some of my music in-game, check out Silence! The Elder Speaks, a game by the terminator which I also helped to develop.

Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks for listening!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a quick question regarding time because I am interested in getting a composer for the game I'm working on for the IGMC - How does it take you to make a track? 

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Depending on the length and style, I could finish one track as fast as one day. At the longest, probably a week. 

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well I was looking for orchestral style to fit with my project (link here if you want to get an idea: http://community.gamedevfort.com/t/project-growth-recruitment-need-spriter-igmc-2015/311) manly for background music so something that loops but isn't too short to get too repetitive (I think 1:30 to 2 minutes), your piece Theme sounds like it's a good match for an area I have in my head that still needs to be mapped out so really I'd have to test - can I have permission to maybe use the piece Theme anyway - that's if you didn't make it for another persons request.

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds like a cool game! Feel free to use that song as it hasn't appeared in anything else. I have some free time in the coming month so I could potentially put together some other music for you as well. PM me and we can talk about file format, details, etc.  

Detectivegame

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sounds good.  Do you have an email address to contact with?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome music, I love the way it sounds! :D

I haven't gotten much done on my game yet, but when (if) I get far enough that I think it'll actually make it, I would love to have you compose some music for it ^^

midnyte64

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am interested in getting a few tracks made if you are up for it, but if you are looking for money, I am unable to pay, but you will get all credit for your work as in my eyes that kind of thing is expected.

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome music, I love the way it sounds! :D

I haven't gotten much done on my game yet, but when (if) I get far enough that I think it'll actually make it, I would love to have you compose some music for it ^^
Great! I'm happy that you like it. Looking forward to learning more about your game once it's ready.

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am interested in getting a few tracks made if you are up for it, but if you are looking for money, I am unable to pay, but you will get all credit for your work as in my eyes that kind of thing is expected.
Thanks for listening! I am willing to make tracks for free if the project seems like a good fit. PM me and we can talk about the game a bit and see if we'd be a good match. 

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fellow composer here, just wanted to say I love your style. Day 5 is awesome, so relaxing! On my third listen now while I work. If I may ask, how do you create your pieces?

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fellow composer here, just wanted to say I love your style. Day 5 is awesome, so relaxing! On my third listen now while I work. If I may ask, how do you create your pieces?
Thanks! that was really awesome of you to reach out and let me know that you liked my stuff. I produce everything in Cubase and Day 5 was made with some of their stock VSTs and some actual guitar in there too. I recently got a Maschine by Native Instruments and really love it. It makes the process a lot more fun than using a keyboard. So much so that I've recently started branching out from the 8/16/32-bit sounds to stuff with higher production value. I've added a couple to the original post if you're interested in taking a listen. I'm considering trying to make a music pack and then selling it on the Unity asset store. Do you have any experience with this type of thing? Any advice?

I'm frustrated because my PC's motherboard is currently in RMA limbo and I really want to try your game. It looks awesome. Hopefully sometime within the next week (come on asrock).

I also listened to a bunch of your jams. They all sound so legit, but my favorite was definitely Love Theme. I really dig the droney harp and the percussion that comes in around halfway through. I'm really impressed at how much instrumentation you manage to layer in these tracks without making them feel too busy.

David Lister

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome to the forum...   ...another Cubase user here.  Love the downtempo vibe in Space Station Dive Bar and the relaxing mood in Day 5.  Also, great use of the Cubase stock patches for the ostinatos in the sci-fi piece.

I'm also a fan of Geoff's "Love Theme" piece.  Great mix of organic sounds with the harp, strings and percussion against the light electronic sounds.  I love this kind of hybrid sound when it's pulled off just right.  It's almost hypnotic.  B)

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the forum...   ...another Cubase user here.  Love the downtempo vibe in Space Station Dive Bar and the relaxing mood in Day 5.  Also, great use of the Cubase stock patches for the ostinatos in the sci-fi piece.

I'm also a fan of Geoff's "Love Theme" piece.  Great mix of organic sounds with the harp, strings and percussion against the light electronic sounds.  I love this kind of hybrid sound when it's pulled off just right.  It's almost hypnotic.  B)
Thanks, David! Good to talk to another Cubase user. For some reason people give me flak for using it, but I've been on it for over a decade and haven't found a reason to switch.

The sci-fi piece is actually using some higher-grade stuff than the stock Cubase VSTs. I recently got Komplete Ultimate in that big summer sale and this was the first piece I made with all the shiny new stuff.

I listened to a bunch of the tracks on your soundcloud and was really impressed. Galaxy - Nebula was my favorite. Was this recorded by a real orchestra? That piano motif in the beginning reminded me a lot of Debussy, but it was awesome when it slid into a John Williams vibe with the arrival of the rest of the ensemble. Also, that stretch between 2:00 and 2:30 was really great. I could listen to an entire piece like that. 

David Lister

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Let me take a stab and guess you were using "Action Strings" in the sci-fi piece?  (I have the library and love playing it, but it never seems to find a home in my work.)  Congrats on the Komplete purchase, by the way.

Thanks for listening to the tunes and the compliments on "Galaxy - Nebula".  That piece is part of a suite of music titled "Galaxy Suite for Orchestra" that I've been working on from time to time.  Think of it as my take on Holst's "The Planets".  I'm fascinated with space in general and theoretical physics in particular, so this is an expression of that interest.  The piece isn't played by a real orchestra.  (Isn't technology grand!?)  Everything you hear was composed with East West Symphonic Orchestra Platinum.  It's quite possible that an expanded version of "Swan Nebula (for concert band)" will be performed live in the near future.  Since it's a band piece (no strings), it's much more likely to be performed live.  (That's a WHOLE other topic.)

I'm a huge Stravinsky and Respighi fan!  As far as those French Impressionists go - Debussy is awesome, but Ravel is dear to my heart.  From a film score perspective, I've always been a Jerry Goldsmith (RIP) fan, but I've noticed more of the JW influence in my work as of late.  (I think this is because my mentor has encouraged me to expand my study in that direction a bit.)

In any event, I could go on - but I don't want to hijack your thread!  Once again, welcome.  I hope you find a great team of creative people to work with in regard to scoring a game.  Whether the project is paid or not, I personally get the most satisfaction out of working with awesome people who are dedicated to really making their art a reality.  BD

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That is action strings. Well spotted! I don't know how often I'll really end up using it but I had to try it at least once. 

That Symphonic Orchestra Platinum sounds great. You really manage to squeeze some great articulation out of it. I have a long way to go to get stuff sounding that organic. I've been working with Sessions Strings Pro but haven't been having much luck getting it to sound live. Have you ever used that plugin?

I like Stravinsky a lot as well. I saw the Philadelphia Orchestra perform The Rite of Spring a couple years ago and it was awesome.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

steeltamashii

A Simple Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man, Space Station Dive Bar is giving me Adult Swim flashbacks. That tune could have totally been playing under the commercial for Cowboy Bebop.

Real quick question about pricing... How much are your rates per song? Do you offer discounts for doing a whole soundtrack?

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man, Space Station Dive Bar is giving me Adult Swim flashbacks. That tune could have totally been playing under the commercial for Cowboy Bebop.

Real quick question about pricing... How much are your rates per song? Do you offer discounts for doing a whole soundtrack?
Nice! That was pretty much the vibe I was going for. Thanks for checking it out.

Regarding rates, I have a sort of sliding scale that depends on a lot of different things. Do you have a project that you're working on at the moment? If so, PM me and we can talk about your game game and your budget.

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for the super delayed response! Thanks for the info on your setup and the feedback, glad you like Love Theme (also thanks to David Lister!) :D

I'm putting together a pack for the RM store at the moment, I don't have any experience with selling packs but it seems like a good way to go.

Keep up the great work! Just listened to this one, it was original and awesome:

theArsNotoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad you liked "Dear Sir." I'm presently trying to put together an album of similar glitchy sounding sample-based stuff.

I finally got around to playing Oh! Ko! and I liked it a lot. It was fun to play, looked/sounded great and was really funny. The humor kept me invested and happy to investigate everything possible. I also felt like it was the perfect length and was really well paced.  

I'm actually helping to develop an RPGM game called Silence! the Elder Speaks (http://firstfossilpress.wix.com/silence) that has a similar sense of humor. A couple of the tracks (Day1, Day5)  from my soundcloud are from that game. Hopefully we'll have something playable soon.

Haven't had a chance to play A Stranger Comes to Shore yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sculifun