Composite Characters / In-game Character Creation

Deniskama

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pretty bad ass script, I must say. First real create-a-char Ace has gotten, so kudos to you.

However, and I know you asked me about this before, but could I make a couple suggestions for future versions?

1. A saturation bar. You have a hue bar, which is fantastic and a very efficient way to go about doing this. But, could we also see about a saturation bar? Essentially, right now, you can only pick bright colors, or neon if you will. The very basic colors. But say I wanted my character to have blackish hair, or white, or even brown (i really want a plain brown). Brown is a less saturated version of a dark orange, but right now we can only just pick orange. However, I am not sure if a saturation bar would be possible, so just skip this if it isn't. I am here to make suggestions, not make things ten times harder for you.

2. Facial hair for men (or women too, if the player really wants that for some odd reason). Maybe allow a new option for the male characters to have a facial hair setting.

Really, that is all I can think of right now that would be considered important.

About the Color i found out the solution..
Simply Download Gimp or other Photosop program

and change the Color of the Face/Char Graphic...
keep the script as it is and in the creation scene or barber scene you will see the result.

for example Hair1FRear.pngHair1F.png

ps:great script :}

Fireworker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be exactly what I needed! Time to test it out!

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did... did I get quoted from 2012? Now THAT is a blast from the past, lol. 

shadow7396

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My question is, does it support any size for the character? Like for instance, if i want to use looseleaf sprites.

djstar25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey im pretty new to all this script stuff, and im probably doing something super basic... wrong... but i keep getting an error when i try to load the script.
Picture of the error

https://gyazo.com/6762b9800616d3a204a70a52c7ba09ecalso the line it points too just says
"eval(script)"

i also wasnt 100% sure how to call the script and just put in "creation(Hero1)" [i copied the characters from the demo]

Last edited:

djstar25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
please help me >.< like asap >.<

djstar25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
update, i copied everything from the demo and pasted it but now it says

"Script 'character customization' line 493: NoMethodError occurred
undefined method 'include?' for nil:NilClass"
can someone please help me ;-;

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So you did a triple post. The forum rules say to not double post. It has to be 72 hours between posts. When it is not you have to edit you previous post.

Does the demo work?

djstar25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So you did a triple post. The forum rules say to not double post. It has to be 72 hours between posts. When it is not you have to edit you previous post.

Does the demo work?
Well the third one was just an update is all saying that theres a new problem... sorry tho >.< didnt really know the rules.
The demo works.

djstar25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Does the demo work?
please help ;-;

djstar25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I sent you a personal message to talk outside this thread as you are just filling it up with 'Help Me!'

The script picture is garbage. I can't see anything. I just have to go off your word that you have the script put in. Not that I don't trust you, but I want to make sure there was no problem with the copy/paste. I can only guess that it's good.

The error should not be happening because of the script. It is probably something to do with the setup you have in the game.

You said you copied the characters, yet the picture for the event is on autorun with no graphic for a character. So you changed things.
I just copied what I can see that you did into the demo and it works.

Send me a personal message back, hopefully we can figure it out.

Eurgh

Lord of the Reapers
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Okay, sorry to be the grand necromancer of the universe and all.

But, this script deletes everything i'm wearing every time I close the game after saving.
Like, everyone goes. I've tried a work-around by un-equipping everything before the save but when I re-opened the game to see if it worked. It kept the armor but deleted the weapon.

I can not fathom why this is happening

Ely

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey is there any place where I could get an example file of this, the download file isn't working?

Ely

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey so I replaced each image and lined it up in the charas file but for some reason the base body of male and females just aren't showing up?
Help?

Attachments

Swafer

Gremlin | Uses VXA and MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm having trouble with it, as I tried putting the script call and I get an error. the script call I use is creation(x), I'm not sure if that's the right script call thought or if it's something else entirely.

Edit: I should be more specific about the issue.

This is the script call I use
8.23.19.1.PNG
I changed it to the 17th actor slot since I changed the maximum
8.23.19.2.PNG
And I get this error
8.23.19.3.PNG

Last edited:

ConnorEmmett

Hi i like to start projects and never finish them
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know this thread is super old but I just got the script to change the face graphic for different skin tones but the actual character sprite body and head stay blank. I am super new to any coding and literally have just been doing the equivalent of poking a dragon with a stick and seeing what happens. I know race/skin changing has been brought up multiple times but I haven't seen an actual answer given beyond op's way back when for the first version of the script. If anyone's figured it out, some help would be greatly appreciated. For clarification, I have all my graphics set up and ready, it's just about what ID's go where and such. Since this thread is like dead, I don't super anticipate an answer any time soon and I'll just keep plugging away at it. If I figure it out, I'll post my results for everyone else lol.

Reactions: Ely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.
MV and VX Ace both have good qualities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadAtticGames