Computer troubles need help

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by CharRedBaron, Jul 21, 2014.

1. CharRedBaron

CharRedBaron Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I am on my phone because my PC is unable to go online after I restarted it. I have windows xp and I use google chrome. I get the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_No_INTERNET. I don't know what to do.

2. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm no computer wizard but if it's a wireless connection and a laptop I would try turning the card on and off again in Network Connections. (right click your internet symbol). If that doesn't work maybe try reinstalling the drivers? Also, Google is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  3. CharRedBaron

First Language:
    French
    Its a PC with a modem. The internet works because I am using it with the phone. But I always get the same error.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you google the message?

"Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. unable to connect to the internet. Google chrome can't display the webpage because your computer isn't connected to the internet.

Check your internet connection. Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems or other network devices you may be using.

Allow chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings. If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

Solution: Ping request timed out. Also troubleshooter said there is a broken access point. Turn off your modem or router and wait for a few minutes, then turn on again. It works for me.

Note: If you are using the internet through mobile phone, then do the following steps:

1. Check whether the internet is connected on mobile. Try to visit the sites and know it is accessible or not. If it is accessible. Then do the step 2.

2. If you are using wifi portable hotspot, then turn off the hotspot for few minutes and then turn it on again.

It works for me!"

One of the comments was from someone who solved the problem with a System Restore.

That's just from the first link that appeared on Google. There were many, and for different versions of Windows.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  5. CharRedBaron

First Language:
    French
    Thanks for the response. I am checking on google as I wrote this thread here. Just trying to maximize a way for me to find what's wrong. I already tried system restore and the system restore says it fails and can't succeed. I think I need a new PC :(

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nah, at worse, you'd just have to reinstall Windows. But try the other suggestions first - wriggling and changing cables, turning things off and on, are far less drastic than reinstalling Windows or getting a new PC :)

7. CharRedBaron

First Language:
    French
    Yeah I'm going to try that. I'm just freaking out a bit because it cut my work for my RPG maker game lol