Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonrabbit

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I wanted to have an event with two different triggers, one triggered by the action button and one by event touch.

As of now I have two events pages - one is triggered by event touch where the event enemy sprite inflicts damage on the player upon touching. The other event is the player "kills" -the event sprite disappears - upon the player hitting the action button against it.

Because I have these set up as two different event pages, one happens before the other rather than both happening at the same time - the player has to wait to be hit to hit the enemy back. I just wanted to know if there's any way to do this? I'm thinking of something like the combat in Crooked Man, where the monster attacks the player and the player could hit the monster before/after/during the attacks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, there are ways to do several things at once - but they depend on exactly what you want to do, there is no single solution that works for everything but several different solution that all work for specific cases.

So please post screenshots of your events so that we can see what you're trying to do, then we can tell you how to solve the problem.

crimsonrabbit

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, so I actually figured this out pretty quickly thanks to this video:
Basically I wanted to make an action RPG battle system without scripts. Since I spent way too long googling this only to find dead-ends, here's a image of the event from the video (in case for some reason the video disappears and another wanders into this topic looking for this answer):

Tutorial.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, that is one of the possible solutions (and the one I was thinking about).
But as said there are others, all having different advantages and disadvantages.

[closed]IgnoreMe[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stulfie