Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I'm trying to experiment on making shared skills between actors and enemies with different conditional handouts.

For example I have an actor using a slash skill that simply uses the swing animation, this skill is also shared by enemies.
During this sequence inside common events I want to run a check that displays a weapon animation ONLY if actors are using it.

The reason being why I am not making copies of the skills separate for enemies or actors is so that I can condense as much I can in the database where alot of the combat sequences are done via common events.

If anyone here has a great knowledge of script calls that can check such things I'd love to know asap.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I'm trying to experiment on making shared skills between actors and enemies with different conditional handouts.

For example I have an actor using a slash skill that simply uses the swing animation, this skill is also shared by enemies.
During this sequence inside common events I want to run a check that displays a weapon animation ONLY if actors are using it.

The reason being why I am not making copies of the skills separate for enemies or actors is so that I can condense as much I can in the database where alot of the combat sequences are done via common events.

If anyone here has a great knowledge of script calls that can check such things I'd love to know asap.
1652686063221.png
Code:
BattleManager._action._subjectActorId > 0

That will check if an actor is the attacker.
..but I'm not sure if you're going to be able to do what you need, since common events run after the entire main attack is performed.
..but maybe your setup is different, it's hard to tell from your description

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey mate, thanks for the response.

This is definately what I needed, with this script call I can take further advantage of combat animations, I'll hopefully be able to present something as a result of this :)

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey mate, thanks for the response.

This is definitely what I needed, with this script call I can take further advantage of combat animations, I'll hopefully be able to present something as a result of this :)
No prob. :) :thumbsup-right:
Hope it does indeed work as needed for ya. :cutesmile:
I'd be interested to see your setup.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey I've been a little waylaid with various animations as I'm reworking alot of sequences and audio etc etc.

I was also just curious is there a way I can identify if the user of said ability where an enemy?
Or more specifically an enemy's ID, I just realized that some of my animations do not line up in size for a few enemies and I'm looking to work it around :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing FF4 for the first time, the pacing is pretty insane o_O Only 2.5 hours in and already changing class? I barely got to play as the first one xD
One year and two days ago, I got RMMV. So far I have:

» Gotten Ideas™ from VXA’s music.
» Made a test project to teach myself the basics.
» Successfully done up a no-combat outline for Ideas™.
» Entered the Boss Battle Build Bout.
» Burned out for over seven months after trying the One Map Challenge.
» Found my groove again about a month ago.

And it feels good to be back on track again.
Let there be light!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otak5313