PeteS1772

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, I'm very new to RPG maker MZ (and RPG maker in general), so I don't know if what I want to do is possible or not.

I'm going to have a character in the game who is a vampire. I'm hoping to create a skill that will serve as his basic attack, and its effect changes based on the target's state. If he uses this skill on a target that does not have the "Vampire Mark" state, it will deal normal damage and add that state to the target. If he uses the skill on that enemy a second time (or any enemy already afflicted with "Vampire Mark"), then the attack will instead deal extra damage (say, 20%) and have partial HP drain (say, 25%).

Is this a possible idea? Since my hope is to use this skill as his basic attack command, I'm trying to avoid breaking this apart into 2 separate skills. I'm currently using the VisuStella MZ Battle Core and Core Engine, if that helps.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, it can be done - and without any plugins.

what you need is javascript code inside the damage formula of the skill.
there should be a pinned topic on how to use the damage formula in the forum for the maker you use.

PeteS1772

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had found something and tried using the following formula to modify the amount of damage that the target takes if they currently have the state applied to them, and it seems to work so far! But I can't figure out where/how to add the HP drain mechanic.

b.isStateAffected(9) ? a.atk*5 - b.def*2 : a.atk*4 - b.def*2;

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Now, hopefully, some certain people will not be stupid enough to leak my name on the reports.
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tocurse