Rirumato

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I'm fairly new to RPG Maker MV so please help me out with my probably stupid mistakes.
Right now I am making a scene where depending on the choice you make, there will be a bad end or not, during an autorun
cutscene( Map A).
After finishing the scene the player goes to another map and depending on the choice/switch the scenery will change (Map B).

First I attempted an autorun event where a different character shows up on Map B. Created and if/else branch on the switches but somehow it would ignore either of the switches. I tried different page methods and it didn't work so I gave up and decided to just transfer the player to a different map with a different cutscene.

I tried all different methods again but it still wouldn't work... this is the latest conditional branch I've made.

upload_2019-8-10_3-4-21.png

Eventhough granny No is NOT on, the player still goes to map Snow5vno. I'm not sure why?? The event where I show the choices are lengthy but here it is.

upload_2019-8-10_3-6-5.png
I've made granny yes for page switch triggers.

upload_2019-8-10_3-7-7.png
Here is the condition I've made which turns Granny No ON. When the player chooses a different choice Self Switch B turns on to show this route.

I'm not sure if the map change event is wrong, the event where the switch turns on it wrong, or maybe there is a glitch in the game maker? I've looked at the plugins that might misconfigure it but I only have ORange Overlay, Region restrictions, and Galvs Message Busts on which doesn't use the switches. Thank you!upload_2019-8-10_3-4-21.png upload_2019-8-10_3-6-5.png upload_2019-8-10_3-4-21.png upload_2019-8-10_3-6-5.png upload_2019-8-10_3-7-7.png

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a page that runs when self switch A is on? And where does the character actually make a choice?

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You never turned on self switch B I think... if I read all that right...

Rirumato

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a page that runs when self switch A is on? And where does the character actually make a choice?
Ah switch A is just a blank
upload_2019-8-10_20-44-19.png
Heres when they make choice A

and then Choice B

This event itself is working ok, just idk if the switch is activating correctly. Maybe I'll try out variables for now

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My friend just gave me chocolate milk at lunch today! My day is now 1000x better. Yay, choco milky!! :kaojoy:
RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonSandwich