AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have an event that runs at the start of every battle that switches between a "Command Phase" visual (chose actions) and a "Battle Phase" visual (actions are acted out). I want to skip the first part if the party was ambushed (as it would just go to the "Battle Phase" right off the bat.) I thought a good way to do this would be to use a conditional branch to check if the battle started as an ambush on the party.

Is this possible with script in a conditional branch?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that depends on how the battle started and how the event is constructed (and if it is a troop event or a map event) and so on.

The problem is for example that with the battleprocessing command, there is no preemptive/surprise - those exist only on random battles

And FYI: Tsukihime wrote a plugin that allows you to set surprise and preemptive by variables and another that executes a common event before battle even for random battles, so you might check her website and compare those plugins.

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here's a screen-cap so you can see. The first common event does some flashy stuff with images to open the battle scene and the second common event is the initial 'command phase' visual stuff. I'll check out Tsukuhime's plugin though!

Edit:
To be more specific, this is a check I would be doing through the event tab of random battles. So the conditional branch would be the first thing to run and it would check through the script call to see if it's running the normal version of the visual "Command Phase" (no ambush) or if it skips that and goes right to the "Battle Phase" (ambush) visual.

So this would happen right as the battle would start/would be the first thing to run in battle.

Attachments

Last edited:

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Andar

So even with those two plugins, I don't have a way to account for pre-emptive or ambush battles that occur randomly (outside of being forced by Tsukuhime's plugin).

Is it possible for me to check in a conditional branch that runs on turn 0 if the battle was started as either pre-emptive or as an ambush?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS