CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to be as detailed as I can, but I want to make sure I am thinking about this correctly. For balance reasons let's make Actor Damage = 10 DMG and Enemy Defense = 10 Defense

Start Battle : Common Event (Var Set) :
Set Xyz variable of Actor 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 = 0

Turn 1

Option A:
Skill #001 Attack Parameters : Call Common Event : (xyz placeholder name)
Set XYZ variable of user + 1 Damage of attack = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

Turn 1-6

Skill #002 XYZ Attack : Call Common Event : Conditional Branch
If XYZ variable of user = 0 Damage of attack = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 (Possible turn 1 choice) *20 Damge with no variance*
If XYZ variable of user = 1 Damage of attack = a.atk * 5 - b.def * 2 (Possible turn 2 choice) *30 Damge with no variance*
If XYZ variable of user = 2 Damage of attack = a.atk * 6 - b.def * 2 (Possible turn 3 choice) *40 Damge with no variance*
If XYZ variable of user = 3 Damage of attack = a.atk * 7 - b.def * 2 (Possible turn 4 choice) *50 Damge with no variance*
If XYZ variable of user = 4 Damage of attack = a.atk * 8 - b.def * 2 (Possible turn 5 choice) *60 Damge with no variance*
If XYZ variable of user = 5 Damage of attack = a.atk * 9 - b.def * 2 (Possible turn 6 choice) *70 Damge with no variance*

Variable increase caps at 5 If Skill #002 is used (at any variable) Set XYZ variable = 0

*Undecided on this* If Miss! Set XYZ variable - 1 of user.

Option B: Group Attacks will have skill cooldown of 2-3 turns.
Skill #003 XYZ Group Attack : Call Common Event : Conditonal Branch
If XYZ variable of group is 0 Damage of attack = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 (Possible turn 1 choice)

If XYZ variable of group is 1 and actor 1 move is successful Damage of attack = (a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * 2 (Possible turn 1 choice) then actor 2 - 5 Damage of attack = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2. If Actor 1 attack not successful actor 1 - 5 damage a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2.

Group damage with no varaince on all succes : 40 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 120 ^^

If XYZ variable of group is 2 and actor 1 move is successful Damage of attack = (a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * 3 (Possible turn 1 choice) then actor 2 - 5 Damage of attack = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2. If Actor 1 attack not successful actor 1 - 5 damage a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 but now with additional variable in pool if actor 2 is successful Damage of attack = (a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * 2 while actor 3-5 = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

Without making a wall of text each variable higher increases the inital actor group damage max being (a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * 5 and each unsuccessful group attack provides one more chance determined by the group variable.

After each group attack XYZ variable of all actors is Set = 0.

Can someone look over this and tell me if I am crazy, or would the software check this during battle and properly output these damage formulas?

Lastly, what balances the group attacks out is that you can't miss an enemy but if you fail the required checks from all party members you waste your XYZ variable and do base damage where as the base attack there is no check required, therefore it only depends on if you miss the enemy.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Normally, common events (auto/parallel) dont run during battles unless you have a script/plugin that allows it..

Alternatively, you can also use a common troop event plugin/script so that you can have a troop event that is activated for all battles

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Normally, common events (auto/parallel) dont run during battles unless you have a script/plugin that allows it..

Alternatively, you can also use a common troop event plugin/script so that you can have a troop event that is activated for all battles
Yea, sadly I discovered this last night after a couple of hours. :( I searched everywhere even on the master plugin list for an option to run a common event immediately in battle and no luck came from that.

Additionally, I set the common event to be on parallel in the overworld so that it was always running, and had an attack call a v[x] and that did call the common event..... but man did it break the game lol. Not an error is thrown break, but freeze the entire game because a daisy chain of events happened. I even tried tweaking the code to just call one item, and it still was giving way to many issues. So... I've decided to take it the route of states and apply this same concept with on slight difference.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CalebW @Engr. Adiktuzmiko
I think you misunderstood each other

autorun and parallel process common events can't work on any scene (including battlescene), but the battlescreen CAN call common events that have the trigger set to none. And I see nothing in the original post that requires a parallel process, only things that call common events directly.

There is one thing that will make the original structure with called common events problematical: by default all common events attached to skills are processed at the end of the battleturn, no matter when the skill was used.
However this can be circumvented with a battlesystem that uses action sequences if those action sequences allow specification of when a common event is called by the skill - and such battlesystems already exist.

Third, you can have a troop event set to run every turn or every moment and then call the common event there, although that has a few other disadvantages.

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CalebW @Engr. Adiktuzmiko
I think you misunderstood each other

autorun and parallel process common events can't work on any scene (including battlescene), but the battlescreen CAN call common events that have the trigger set to none. And I see nothing in the original post that requires a parallel process, only things that call common events directly.

There is one thing that will make the original structure with called common events problematical: by default all common events attached to skills are processed at the end of the battleturn, no matter when the skill was used.
However this can be circumvented with a battlesystem that uses action sequences if those action sequences allow specification of when a common event is called by the skill - and such battlesystems already exist.

Third, you can have a troop event set to run every turn or every moment and then call the common event there, although that has a few other disadvantages.
Thank you for this response. I wasn't able to find any action sequences that allowed for calling a common event during an action sequence. Though i'd be interested to see it.

As far as troop common events having disadvantages, I suppose I am not sure what could be the issues you mention for that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this response. I wasn't able to find any action sequences that allowed for calling a common event during an action sequence.
then you haven't really looked. Yanfly's battleplugins allow exactly that, and those are the most famous and commonly used of all plugins around here.

The problem with troop events is that they have different triggers, and if you try to recreate a parallel process with them that will not work exactly the same way as if you set a common event to parallel. it has nothing to do with calling common events, it's just that people need to be much more carefull when creating the logic on troop events if that logic is supposed to interfere with the regular battle sequence.

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you haven't really looked. Yanfly's battleplugins allow exactly that, and those are the most famous and commonly used of all plugins around here.

The problem with troop events is that they have different triggers, and if you try to recreate a parallel process with them that will not work exactly the same way as if you set a common event to parallel. it has nothing to do with calling common events, it's just that people need to be much more carefull when creating the logic on troop events if that logic is supposed to interfere with the regular battle sequence.
If you mean action sequence plugin by Yanfly, I of course have those, I meant I hadn't seen any way to manipulate the action sequence to call a common event. I suppose I'll dig into the possibilties of action sequence adjustment within the plugin. I understood through the damage formula you could call a variable, but as I stated in my second post doing that boinked the game hardcore due to the event it chained.

As far as the troops fair enough.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
check the instructions for the plugins. there is a specific command to be inserted into the action sequence to tell the engine when to process the common event of the skill. But you really have to read all the help texts - that command is not in the videos as far as I know (only about 50% or less of any plugin options are explained in the videos)

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
check the instructions for the plugins. there is a specific command to be inserted into the action sequence to tell the engine when to process the common event of the skill. But you really have to read all the help texts - that command is not in the videos as far as I know (only about 50% or less of any plugin options are explained in the videos)
You're correct, thank you. We can consider this post as resolved now

With Yanfly's action sequence pack, there is a way to call the common event, and I just tested it multiple times. AND it works! :D Thank you to all who supported here in this thread.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There once was a man whose name was my own
Who tried to make games for console and phone
But after ten years
Some blood sweat and tears
Weird status updates were all that he'd shown.....
I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenerezu