Chadoumaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody. I need your help on the conditional derivations part. How do I make sure that if the player makes contact with some battle animation that is played on the map, something happens? For example, that when making contact with the animation, the player dies.

Moerder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
F'thaghn
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in its simplest form, any event that is set to activate on player touch would prompt 'game over' or anything else you want to happen then. just set the graphic of that event to whatever you want. you don't really need any conditional branches for this, unless I misunderstood your intentions.

otherwise the conditional branch could check the coordinates of the player continuously, as in, if player is on x/y, then Game Over. you'd still need to have an event that plays the animation at the specified coordinates. I hope that makes sense somehow..it's late :D

Chadoumaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in its simplest form, any event that is set to activate on player touch would prompt 'game over' or anything else you want to happen then. just set the graphic of that event to whatever you want. you don't really need any conditional branches for this, unless I misunderstood your intentions.

otherwise the conditional branch could check the coordinates of the player continuously, as in, if player is on x/y, then Game Over. you'd still need to have an event that plays the animation at the specified coordinates. I hope that makes sense somehow..it's late :D
For example, I have events in which four penguins play the sonic wave battle animation on the map, and the player must carry rocks, which are stored in their item menu, to the other end of the map. What I am looking for is that when the player carries a rock and makes contact with the aforementioned animation during its playback, a message appears that says: '' The rock has broken '' and subtract the amount of rocks that the player has in their item menu to 0.

Moerder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
F'thaghn
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. as usual, there are a few ways you could do this. one would be to have these animations play on the map and as long as they are playing, the switch 'sonic wave' is on, but off when it doesn't play. then, you can have events around the penguins that all check, on player touch, if the sonic wave switch is on, and if so, if the player has these rock in their inventory. if yes, then display your message and remove all rocks from inventory, i.e. set amount to 0. basically you're making a parkour type thing and the rocks should stay intact but are broken by sonic waves. sounds good so far. instead of events like this, you can also look into plugins for regions and these regions could call the common event which, depending on the switch, kills your rocks, or not. like I said, many ways to do it.

Chadoumaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. as usual, there are a few ways you could do this. one would be to have these animations play on the map and as long as they are playing, the switch 'sonic wave' is on, but off when it doesn't play. then, you can have events around the penguins that all check, on player touch, if the sonic wave switch is on, and if so, if the player has these rock in their inventory. if yes, then display your message and remove all rocks from inventory, i.e. set amount to 0. basically you're making a parkour type thing and the rocks should stay intact but are broken by sonic waves. sounds good so far. instead of events like this, you can also look into plugins for regions and these regions could call the common event which, depending on the switch, kills your rocks, or not. like I said, many ways to do it.
Understand. Thank you very much for the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:
The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekonix