Conditional branch for facing diagonal using Galv's Diagonal Movement

rhapsodymipo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
So, i'm trying to trigger animations based on the direction the player or actors are facing, but the only way to do it with diagonal is through script call. i'm a noob at it and couldn't find the right way to do it. the closest thing i could find is this
Problem is, in my case, i'm using galv's idle event, so the character needs to be idle for a period of time for it to work, so this solution isn't for me. If anyone could help me with this it would be fantastic. thanks.

Last edited:

rhapsodymipo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
Try " $gamePlayer._diagDir"
It worked like a charm, thank you so much. just another noob question. how would that work with other events? like actors?
Edit: just figured it out, it would be $gameMap.event(001)._diagDir == x
thanks again.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

here's another RPG Maker remake idea: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". I'll salute to whomever does this
I won't finish it today, I only will have time to work on that next Saturday, what a shame... :(
I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izaya_Nozomu