Conditional Branch in event not working?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SpookyHollows, Dec 29, 2017.

1. SpookyHollows

SpookyHollows Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, so my game was created with VX Ace, but a while back I switched over to MV. Everything was going good until this happened.
    I'll try my best to explain this. I have an event set up with some conditional branches in it. There is an item you can pick up in an earlier part of the game. Picking it up changes what happens later. However the event is busted now...

If you pick up the item earlier, the first Chapter ends right away, prompting you to enter a code to go to the next Chapter.
    If you didn't pick up the item, another part in the event triggers and you would continue on until you find the item.

However, this event now skips the variable section, where you enter the code to go to the next Chapter, and goes to the next part, where it makes the game act like you didn't pick up the item, even when it is in your inventory. People who pick up the bell haven't been able to get to the next Chapter because of this..
    This used to work fine in VX Ace, but in MV it's busted, and I have not been able to fix it. I've tried deleting and redoing the event, but no luck so far.

Here are some pictures of the event...

I know this is a long post, but I wanted to try to explain things better. Hopefully someone can help me fix this.

Attached Files:

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If the condition "if party has bell" is not being triggered, then it probably indicates the party does not have the bell. Make sure you added it to the inventory correctly, and that nothing happened afterwards to remove it.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I agree with shaz - if that conditional branch doesn't trigger, then either you forgot to add the bell to the player inventory, or you have two bells in your database and checked or gave the wrong one.