Conditional Choices in RPG Maker MZ?

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could anyone point me to a plugin, script or idea on how to get conditional choices working in RPG Maker MZ? I just need a simple way of saying:

Choice A: Say Hi
Choice B: Say Bye
Choice C: Slap in face (Condition, variable = 12345)

There seems to be plugins for RPG Maker MV but not for MZ :(

UPDATE:
It seems you can add additional choices with MZ, simply by having two "choices" events one after the other. HOWEVER, this does not work when you wrap it in a condition for one of them. Ugh...

Last edited:

Aviziel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could simply make a conditional branch with two sets of choices.

If variable = X,
Choice A
Choice B

If variable = Y,
Choice A
Choice B
Choice C

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Could anyone point me to a plugin, script or idea on how to get conditional choices working in RPG Maker MZ? I just need a simple way of saying:

Choice A: Say Hi
Choice B: Say Bye
Choice C: Slap in face (Condition, variable = 12345)

There seems to be plugins for RPG Maker MV but not for MZ :(
In terms of a plugin solution - Visustella Message Core provides choice window textcodes for showing/enabling choices based upon switches (such as <Show Switch: x>, <Enable Switch: x> ect) so you could check the value of the variable then switch on a switch if it's true to have this behaviour.
1599674832349.png

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could simply make a conditional branch with two sets of choices.

If variable = X,
Choice A
Choice B

If variable = Y,
Choice A
Choice B
Choice C

Thanks. The issue here is that you then need to either have the same code copy/pasted into Choice A and Choice B under both "if" conditions (or use common events).

In terms of a plugin solution - Visustella Message Core provides choice window textcodes for showing/enabling choices based upon switches (such as <Show Switch: x>, <Enable Switch: x> ect) so you could check the value of the variable then switch on a switch if it's true to have this behaviour.

Thank you! This is more useful to me, although I admit having <Show Variable:4> would be infinitely better since switches only allow two states, on/off, whereas with a variable I can have anything I like. I'll have to use switches as this is the best option available currently.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. The issue here is that you then need to either have the same code copy/pasted into Choice A and Choice B under both "if" conditions (or use common events).
You can use Label and Jump to Label to avoid duplicating the code.

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I noticed an odd issue where, whereby the "hidden" choice when using <Show Switch: x> still takes up space in the choices pop-up box. I wonder if there's a way around that.

UPDATE:
Also, I verified multiple times that, even if my switch is ON, the choice does not become visible. I then tried using <Enabled Switch: x> instead, but the choice is always disabled no matter if switch is ON or OFF.

You can use Label and Jump to Label to avoid duplicating the code.

Oh right, I didn't realize that was possible- thanks!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
URMOM38242345325