Zinnherz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!
I'm at a loss here and I was wondering if anybody might be able to help me out.
So I'm using MogHunter's Treasure Popup Plugin and wanted to implement conditional enemy drops as well. So naturally I picked Yanfly's Extra Enemy Drops Plugin.
I know, I know, a lot of these plugins don't really work well together, but here I stumbled across a weird thing.

Using the regular notetag <Item x: y%> works without any issues with the Treasure Popup. (The item pops up, yay.)
However, whenever I use a conditional notetag, the item won't appear, even though the conditions were met.
And by that, I mean that the item won't drop. It doesn't even show up in the battle result screen and not in the menu afterwards.
(I know that the notetag is correct, because the item drops just fine when I turn the treasure popup plugin off.)

What confuses is me is the fact that I don't get an error message. Or the conditionally dropped item.
Does anybody have an idea as to what I could do to make it work together? Or any sort of work around? I'm open to using different plugins as well.

Thanks in advance! :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that could be because of a lot of reasons:
1) typo in the conditional notetag (it would have been better for you to give us the notetag that doesn't work than one that works)
2) wrong plugin order
3) wrong plugin configuration
4) plugin incompatibility

please give screenshots of your notetags and of your plugin manager so that we can check for you.

Zinnherz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the quick reply.

1) Concerning typos; I tried several conditions, but for now let's take this simple one.
<Conditional Item 2 Drop>
Always: +100%
</Conditional Item 2 Drop>

2) Plugin Order is a good point. So to make it a little less complicated, I created a completely new project and only added the necessary Plugins.
7JLbWwB.png

Now I have to admit; pushing the Treasure Popup upwards in the list (so that it's above the Extra Enemy Drops) did do the trick at first glance.

However; now the amounts are off. During Battle Results it shows that I've gotten the item twice, but in reality, it only dropped once. And it's supposed to only drop once! Just why does it show up two times?
voijD3Y.png

The battle result screen.

w13ecxW.png

The inventory.

3) Plugin Configuration; yeah, that's a good a point as well, but there are none for the Item Drops and next to none for the Treasure Popup. Only like popup duration.

4) Compatibility; yup, that's what I had in mind. I was just wondering if someone has an idea how to make them compatible with each other.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I guess I'm already one step closer to the solution, now that the conditionally dropped item shows up at least! :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly, MOG also have a battle popup like that, treasure pop up is more from world map chests.

Zinnherz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, but it's the battle popup I'm talking about, which is why I linked to the battle one as well. Sorry if that was not clear. :)

However! I have Just now found a solution.

Adding NeMV's Quantities Addon to the process gets rid of my bug.

Honestly, I don't know how or why, but now everything seems to work out just fine and it seems pretty stable too. Thought I'd leave that here in case anyone else has similar issues.

Thanks and I guess this can be closed already! :)

AdamMMS

Dream Uniter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you and NeMV VERY MUCH! This is useful AND perfectly patches the compatibility issues between the scripts!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

[Literally everything] is not defined.
Some neat things I made.
Shown to you in the form of an awful Windows Movie Maker Video.
1653453172179.png
Another amazing plugin by Dsiver! Thank you!

Salvage plugin. Craft something you decide you no longer need, or find an item you have no interest in, salvage it for scrap and resources. As you salvage items, gain EXP and level up. The higher your level, the better odds you have at succeeding, and the more material you'll actually acquire.
Harold Jam 2022: Dark Universe game jam is live! https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highway_Star