Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If anyone was using this but not Yanfly's self switches and variables, I've modified it to support the built-in self switches (Yanfly support is not touched, at least theoretically - I haven't tested it). I can post it if anyone wants it.

dyoghenes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey! Could someone make this plugin compatible with MZ? I find this plugin to be the easiest to use.

DonatelloNerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, really great plugin u did there.
I wanted to show a choice only if a actor is in the party, otherwise hide it.
I tried it as it's shwon in the picture, but since I dont have a clue about Javascript, i couldnt figure out how to do it properly...
I know it's an old thread, hope u still read this :D.
Thx

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-13 093419.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-13 093419.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 8

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to show a choice only if a actor is in the party, otherwise hide it.
When you say "if thing," without referencing any kind of value or state, it's going to be true if that thing exists. So you're saying "if this actor exists," which it must if it's defined in your database, that's always going to be true.

Try: $gameParty.members().contains(a[X]) where X is the actor ID for each choice.

DonatelloNerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say "if thing," without referencing any kind of value or state, it's going to be true if that thing exists. So you're saying "if this actor exists," which it must if it's defined in your database, that's always going to be true.

Try: $gameParty.members().contains(a[X]) where X is the actor ID for each choice.
Thank you so much, I have no Idea of code in general. I did what u proposed and it totally registers, but now it works only backwards. After some testing I got that u need to put "!" at the beginning to make it work like i wanted.

Thank u so much!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After some testing I got that u need to put "!" at the beginning to make it work like i wanted.
Correct - gameParty.members() will say whether the actor is in the party. As described in the first post for this plugin, ! is the operator for NOT (which you already had in your code, so I didn't think I needed to say it again).

Glad you got it working!

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know why, I set V[3] = game gold, option 1: I have money<<v[3] > 1000>>my initial 0 gold, when I get 1001 gold later, this option still shows, which means that there is no real-time change. I don't know if it's my problem or I remember that it won't happen when I test at noon. I'm worried now, and I don't know how to solve this problem

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, well, I was so stupid that I forgot to set up something

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.
I just had my first real fire. Dad made burgers for lunch and the grill caught fire. He tried to get water but I told him you should never put water on a grease fire. So I got him the fire extinguisher under the sink and we managed to put it out. I can still smell a little of the smoke coming from the patio, but at least it's clearing. It sure was scary though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluetop