The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Description of the Feature:
The "Move Event" command was designed, I believe, targeting scenes with fixed and predefined routes. It would be of great use if it also allowed varied movements, and could be used in mini-games and the like. Excluding:

Currently the command has the option of "Stop if Impossible", that finishes the movement if there are blocks in the route. This option only cuts the motion. What if, instead of cutting it, he could continue it? An example:

Code:
Start movement:

Move right
      Move right

Impossible case:

Move left
      Check passability of the board in front, left and right
      Stop route

The idea is to make the "Move Event" a condition or add a condition to the "Move Event". Make the command "smart". He would ignore how many "houses" the player advances (as in a dice movement), but when there is an obstacle or curve, take the available route automatically like a pathfinder. Other interesting things:

Code:
Move v[x] times to [direction]
When colliding move v[x] times to [direction]
Possible moves = v[x] (Reduce at each step)
Stop route
Continue route
Continue route to [direction]
Change route to [direction]
When positioned over [terrain tag] do [one of the example commands]

Some of the options I've listed are already possible with common conditions, but it would be nice to have shortcuts to them also in the "Move Event" window.

Code for Implementation:
Nothing to say.

Mockups:
Not necessary.

Why is this feature good?
By manipulating a variable motion, the developer can easily create systems similar to board games. This is the purpose I have in mind as I reread the topic, but a myriad of possibilities might arise.

Possible issues with this feature?
Maybe systems that alter the game's handling will suffer incompatibility. Movements per pixel, eight directions, this kind of system. Or not, I do not understand the subject to "diagnose" incompatibilities.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How funny would it be if one of us remade "The Town With No Name" in RPG Maker?
I miss my friends from the work experience program... maybe once I move, I'll have a little party with them. I'll even show them my games and perhaps my puppets. Did you know I make working puppets?
Episode 18 is here. We're still making a game in RPG Maker MZ. This week, let's make that cliff map look awesome with the new tiles we made last week! Join us live, now!

I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.
How comes, when you are fearful to log anywhere, that somebody close passed from COVID and you learn too late, you suddenly are mortified that others who almost share BDay dates didn't answer the art you made for them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamgiaytogia