Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Confirm Reload v1.00

LadyBaskerville

Introduction

Have you ever accidentally hit F5 while playing your RPG Maker game and lost half an hour of progress when the game reloaded and sent you back to the title screen? Probably not, unless you're like me and tend to press buttons you shouldn't press ;) But just to make sure this doesn't happen to you or your players, here's a tiny plugin to ask for player confirmation before the game is reloaded.

Features

- When the player presses F5, display a message that asks whether the game should be reloaded. Only reload the game if the player hits "Ok".

How to use

This plugin is plug and play for the most part. If you want to change the message that is displayed to the player, you can do so in the "Message" parameter.

Plugin

Download it here: LB_ConfirmReload.js

Credit

- LadyBaskerville (optional)

Terms of Use

- You may use this plugin in both non-commercial and commercial projects.
- You may edit this plugin for your own needs.
- You may redistribute this plugin elsewhere. In that case, please link back to this plugin thread if possible.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the necropost, but I would like to know something about the plugin.

Is there a way to edit the texts that show the window for reseting the game? The text inside it can be translated, of course, but the name of the window (that is 'Confirm') and the 'OK' and 'Cancel' button cannot be edited, neither on the Plugin manager nor inside the plugin itself. Here's an screenshot:
RPGMMV_LBPlugins_001.png

As you can see, the inside text is in Spanish, but the other texts are in English because there is no way to translate them. Having the option to edit them would be great. Thanks in advance!

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, these texts are browser-generated and can't be changed manually - for that, you would have to code a custom dialog box instead of using the window.comfirm() method, and that's not something I know how to do yet :(

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, these texts are browser-generated and can't be changed manually - for that, you would have to code a custom dialog box instead of using the window.comfirm() method, and that's not something I know how to do yet :(
No problem, it is not a big issue, but something I would like to add, since a game translation is very important for me in all the details as possible. Don't worry, I'll find another way to change the text, and if I can't, well at least the main text will be Spanish. :rwink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow