Confirtmation prompts don't wotk?

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Support' started by Bors, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Bors

Bors UI/UX Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I'm using the confirmation prompts provided with the Action-UI as base. They don't seem to work.

bug-exit-prompt.jpg
    Both "yes" and "no" do not work.

bug-confirm-prompt.jpg
    Both "yes" and "no" work, but ONLY IF I click on a part of their hotspot that that's not overlapping the savegame hotspot underneath.

To make sure I'm not doing something bloody wrong, I loaded the stock Action-UI provided with VNMaker and the same behaviour is observed there. If a confirmation hotspot is on top of another hotspot, it does not work.

Now, I have other problems like figuring out how to make the prompt show only if you are overwriting an existing save file, or making sure that only a single instance of the prompt appears, for users that love double-clicking...

To start, I'd be really grateful if anyone can tell me how to make the yes/no hotspots actually work.

2. Kentou

Kentou Admin Veteran

Hi Bors,

this is a known issue which already has been fixed and comes with the next update.

But we now have a hotfix category here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/vnm-patches.106437/

There is already a fix for it in there but that one will not fix the problem you have. If you need it right now I will see if I can publish another patch so you don't need to wait for the update.

3. Bors

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I'm very happy to hear a fix for this is coming. I technically need it by the 5th of April, I don't know how that fits with your update schedule.

4. Bors

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hey guys. If it's OK to ask, how is the "stable" release for this looking?

5. Kentou

Kentou Admin Veteran

Hi Bors,

I am wondering if switching to current BETA causing problems for your project?

6. Bors

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I haven't tried as we try to stay away from the BETAs.

We have multiple people working on the project so the least version changes the better, but if a new official version doesn't come before our scheduled demo release we'll have to go for the BETA, sure.

7. Bors

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    So, we pretty much locked the demo and are about to release it in the next day or two, so I tried the BETA version to see how that would behave.

The good news is, with the BETA branch the confirmation prompts work beautifully.

The bad news is, now every time I try to load a game I get a black screen and the following error message:
    upload_2019-5-21_15-36-10.png

I don't believe I had edited any of these in the stable version... but frankly, to me this error might as well be written in Borg.