Confused on how to make a specific custom tileset

AryHum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey all :) Hope this is the right place for this.
I have this tileset idea in my head. It will basically function like a ship, the overhead/top-bottom view and all. I have some experience with making interior tilesets, but this has left me stumped. I have no idea how to start it. This is a quick concept I made (sorry for the awful drawing lol), but I want the clouds in the background to be animated, as well as the head of the titan. Any idea of how I should go about this?

GodCiunas

The Idea Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe use a parrallex for the animated clouds and a tileset for the ship. Do a custom large sprite for the monster head with the different movements and use it as an event set to walking it will animate. Like a moving mouth or blinking eyes. Or even use custom tiles for the clouds and have them animated, and set with movement routes.

AryHum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oooh okay! Makes a lot of sense now. Thanks a lot.

GodCiunas

The Idea Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oooh okay! Makes a lot of sense now. Thanks a lot.
Some things are hard to get the hang of I learn new things everyday. Happy to help how I can.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

eris2.png
just 1 more then I'm done with these sheets *tears of joy*
Im free today . finally have some time to continue coding . yes!
Regret that I wasn't able to actually finish my igmc entry in time for the actual igmc. Will probably just offload it as a standalone thing.
I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuylar