Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

This seems like it should be really easy but I'm having trouble with it despite watching all of the video tutorials and google searches I can muster.

I'm trying to have an enemy uses a skill "Confusion" that puts the player in a "Distracted" state, and the state should make the player unable to do anything for those 2 -3 turns.

The enemy successfully uses the Confusion skill but I don't see the state text, and the player is able to move normally after the skill is used.

What am I missing?

Confusion.png
DistractedState.png1605388687594.png

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't recognize the notetags you have present on the skill, but I'm guessing that is yanfly action sequences.
If you have discord, you're welcome to add me, and we can see if we can get it figured out.
Zerothedarklord#8459

Mystic_Enigma

A scattered memory, hoping to be recalled...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed that you have the "Remove by Damage" box checked. That means the state will have a chance to be removed whenever they get hit again. Is that intended? If not, you should uncheck it.

As for the text. There is nothing in the message box for the Skill itself. If you put something in it, it should show when the skill is used. If that doesn't work, then there might be a setting in one of your plugins that's stopping it from showing...

Also, are those Notetags for a Plugin? There is actually no need for it if it's a basic skill.

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the replies @Zerothedarklord and @Mystic_Enigma.

@Zerothedarklord true to my "dad" handle, I don't really know how to use discord, I'll see if I can figure it out though.

Re:
"Also, are those Notetags for a Plugin? There is actually no need for it if it's a basic skill. "
" I don't recognize the notetags you have present on the skill, but I'm guessing that is yanfly action sequences. "

The notetags are for Yanfly's action sequences. I'm using front-view battle, so if I don't put the notetags in, then the skills don't play an animation.

I'm fine with damage breaking the "distraction".

The Confusion skill is used successfully, I see the animation play for it, but it appears that the state is not being applied to the player. :/

I thought that maybe I hadn't added the state effect properly to the skill somehow... but if it looks correct then maybe its an issue with my plugins. I'll try disabling them and see if that works.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DadGuyDrawing Do your other states work? Just for testing purposes, have that skill apply a different state other than distracted and see if it works.

You should then test if the skill applies the state if you don't involve action sequences.

Mystic_Enigma

A scattered memory, hoping to be recalled...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might it be that your targeted actor/enemy is immune to the State? (This is made possible by the "State Resist" option in the Traits box.)

Oh, this is Front view? In that case, what does your Battle Menu look like? Or is it the default system?

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for your help.

It was a plugin problem...apparently if you are using Yanfly Action Sequences, then you have to specify the action to happen to the target.

This was incomplete:

<whole action>
action animation: user
</whole action>

This includes the effect:
<whole action>
action animation: user
action effect: target
</whole action>

Appreciate the help all!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.
Being hit with nostalgia for something that's gone is both a great thing and so sad.

But being a creative means having ideas for bringing stuff back to life, which can be frustrating and rewarding in it's own right.
the urge to comment helpful things on forum posts but not using the same engine
It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to. The best b-day present I could have is if my mapper came back. No idea where he went.
Senary_Redesign.png
Updated Senary's design (left). The previous one is overdesigned and her lack of functional pants is distracting and undermines her as a strong female character. She now has compression shorts, shorter hair, and a loose-fitting shirt for a modern look. She was lacking the authority of her original design, so I gave her military cap with her namesake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragodargo