Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Worldbuilding

A vital step in the creation of any game. Where does it take place? What is the environment? What is the culture like?
Every great RPG indulges in the wonders of creating an immersive world, with fleshed out surroundings an rich history, but how about we take it a step further?

Conlanging

No, don't worry, I'm not Conning you, it stands for Constructed Language, or Conlang for short.
A Conlang is an artificially developed language for used for many different things, such as

An Auxlang, a language meant for ease of access language, such as Esperanto.
An Englang, typically used for some scientific/philosophical experiment/purpose.
And an Artlang, created for the purpose of art, or for a fictional setting.

And that's where I specialize in, Artlangs. I'm offering to create a language for the sole usage of your world/story/game, etc. This would include pronunciation, a lexicon, symbols/letters as complicated or as simple as you want, and of course, grammar.

Why for free?

Well, my old computer recently kicked the bucket, and until I can recover the files, I am unable to work on my games. Why not help people with theirs?

Can't I just make my own?

Sure you can! The main reason I offer these services is for those who find the process too tedious, or simply don't have the time to do it themselves, like ordering delivery instead of carryout!

Do you have any examples?

Yep! Though as I have the computer problem, they are not the highest quality photos, but they're there!

Csek

Csek is abugida-esque language consisting largely of large symbols (Words) denoting whether or not the word is a (Verb/noun/adjective/etc.) and the vowel sounds attached to them (Known phonetically as "Kirnsis"). The Kirns is treated as a silent letter, only coming into play in writing.

A Kirns anatomy consists of 5 parts; the start, center, end, modifier, and Yill. The order of operations being modifier, start, Yill(s), center, end. This means that words in Csek can either have 1-3 syllables.

Vowel sounds in Csek (Known phonetically as Fyrns) are stand alone, and can be placed anywhere in the Kirns anatomy, save for the modifier. There are 7 vowel sounds in Csek.

If 2 Fyrns are placed close together, and there is a Pair bar above them, they become a consonant sound, allowing for 42 consonant sounds.

Modifiers are used to denote things such as plurality, ownership, past tense, etc. With the Yill being the most important, it allows for another sound, spoken before the Center sound. There can be only two Yills in one Kirns.

I'm also working on another language, Akir, though it's in beta and thus unfit for public eye. But here is a picture with a letter using some of the lexicon (With some bonus Csek)

Alright, how do I contact you?

That's the easy part! Shoot me a PM with this filled out form and I'll see if I can work something out!

Language Name:

Orthography (Left to right, right to left, etc.):

Describe the speakers of the language (Or picture):

Heavily used sounds (Clicks, whispers, grunts, etc.):

Symbol complication (From l to कि in terms of complication):

Lexicon size (How many words?):

Punctuation
(Y/N):

Are you OK with me using the language on this post?:

Other notes:

Service list

Currently creating for:
GameFire - Lexicon Phase - Active
Vodka - Concept Phase - Active
BrotherKnight - Discussion Phase - Halted

Currently on the waiting list:

Andar

In conclusion

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread! I'll try to respond as fast as I can!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you put me on your waiting list?
I'm really intertested in this, but I simply don't have the time to write up the details of my world that you would need to even start fleshing out the things I already have about languages and names.
It is a Dark-Fantasy world with quite a number of twists (it is not the usual apocalyptic setting for Dark Fantasy, but more of a Dystopia - think of a world where the population continued despite the world being a prison for the Dark Goddess and cut off from the original Creator.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All I have to say to this is: Ko hi'gatalek omnenbara nitaye!

(which is Caran for "I will smite you with an all-powerful chicken")

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you put me on your waiting list?
I'm really intertested in this, but I simply don't have the time to write up the details of my world that you would need to even start fleshing out the things I already have about languages and names.
It is a Dark-Fantasy world with quite a number of twists (it is not the usual apocalyptic setting for Dark Fantasy, but more of a Dystopia - think of a world where the population continued despite the world being a prison for the Dark Goddess and cut off from the original Creator.
I'll stick you in the waiting list! Thanks for your interest!

All I have to say to this is: Ko hi'gatalek omnenbara nitaye!

(which is Caran for "I will smite you with an all-powerful chicken")
Glad to see another Conlanger around here!

I wish I had a Latin-american alphabet using Conlang to reply with ;c

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can always come up with a transliteration scheme, even if your con-people have their own writing system.

Ngai, glâzat var? Dêrat lezâchen cazêra vantrim tâlu krûath, valâseneth ûgra krûn.

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can always come up with a transliteration scheme, even if your con-people have their own writing system.

Ngai, glâzat var? Dêrat lezâchen cazêra vantrim tâlu krûath, valâseneth ûgra krûn.
I've been heavily considering that, and I think I'll do it, if not just to participate in all the community activities c:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll stick you in the waiting list! Thanks for your interest!

Glad to see another Conlanger around here!

I wish I had a Latin-american alphabet using Conlang to reply with ;c
I am likewise glad! I don't come across many other people who create conlangs. Unfortunately I've misplaced the file that had all the Caran syntax/grammar rules in it, so I may have to start it more or less over again. XD I remember most of the sentence structure stuff but individual words are harder to recall.

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the most part, I'm usually using substitution ciphers to simulate another language. Sadasseze gasa Rdasriiggesse, such as Runic, which I use often enough so that readers of my stories can still translate it, if they can figure out what sound corresponds with what letter.
I'm glad, however, that there's someone willing to help others out who don't have the time or patience to devise an entire language for a game.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Diretooth I think ciphers can be easier for the author to memorize, and would involve less time spent looking up a translation. I have found some conlanging software that I sometimes ues, one is font forge, I actually have my own font file for my conlang. and the other is a multilingual book writer, and another is a custom dictionary creator. I still have not actually figured out a convenient way to make a language for use in a game per say, I do however use them in writings. Do you have any suggestions for making a conlang to add immersion in a game?

Vodka

Creative Director
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love a language for my game! It's something I've been trying to do myself but have had no luck in figuring out.

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd love a language for my game! It's something I've been trying to do myself but have had no luck in figuring out.
Awesome! Just shoot me a PM and I'll work out the details!

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Added a form slot for punctuation!

BrotherKnight

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
nice. can you put me in? i will pm you the details

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sure thing! I'll await the PM!

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
interesting.....
I'll be probably talking to you in the future, I have a type of Orcish and Elvish that need polishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamcarroll17