"Connecting to the activation server"

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by JasonNolan64, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:17 AM.

1. JasonNolan64

JasonNolan64 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    It's been quite a while since I used RPG Maker. I wanted to install all the RPG Maker programs I own on my new computer starting with VX. I already have a code for it since I started using the program way back in 2012. I put in the code, fill in the remaining boxes. But when I activate it, it gets stuck when trying to connect to the "activation server". Below is a photo of the problem I'm having with the program. (I blacked out the boxes to not reveal my personal information) I hope I'm not the only person having this problem. Annotation 2019-06-10 160129.jpg

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I dont own VX, but if you can go into the trial version, and activate by than.
    so after install, start RPG VX and see if it runs, than close, restart -> register license or reboot pc and than register
    some software require a restart from either software of pc to compleet the installation.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    there are two possibilities here

1) your windows has disabled TLS in its internet options. Microsoft has done this by default in newer windows versions, but the TLS is required for the activation server to work correctly.

2) there was a change of the DRM method several years back. If you purchased before that change OR if your downloaded files are from before that change, this can also happen. In that case first try with a redownload of the current trials and if that does not work even with the internet options corrected, then you need to contact sales support with your old SN and purchase details and ask them for an updated SN

4. JasonNolan64

JasonNolan64 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Just installed a newer version of VX and I was able to get it to work even with the 7 year old activation code. I did check and it seems that I already had TLS enabled. Thanks for the help.