Not open for further replies.

__Yanik__

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, I was trying to figure out just why the heck the player could walk on any tile they wanted to after beating the first boss,(even the tiles you aren't supposed to) when someone suggested checking the weird code thingie called "the console" if some java thing had been changed to true, when for some reason, this cause the framerate to become single digits in the overworld, possibly permanently, and rendering the game COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!!!

Does anyone know what causes this? Or at least how to fix this evil evil demonic glitch?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to show us what you have done befeore we can tell you where it went wrong.

the console should not slow down anything, it's just an output window.
however it sounds as if you made a parallel process constantly printing on the console - that would slow things down if done wrong, but to find the cause we need to see the commands you've used, preferably in a screenshot of your event(s)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say what you have done, please be very specific. "Some java thing" is absolutely meaningless. At a complete guess, I am thinking they told you to see if $gamePlayer.isThrough() is turned on.

Check the event that has the first boss battle. See if you have turned THROUGH on for the player at any point via a movement route. If you are play testing, pressing the CTRL key while walking will also activate the Debug THROUGH which will have the same effect. If you transferred to a different map, you could have made it with an upper layer that is filled with a tile with no sprite but a O passage setting.

For the fps issue - it's more likely that you've turned on a switch that activates a parallel process event (or multiple), or gone to a new map where such an event is active, that is just badly designed. This might be a single command to change BGM or BGS or a screen tint or show a picture, where the event is never ending, and you haven't added a wait. As Andar said, the console may help you determine where the problem is in some cases, but it won't cause the problem. And if you don't know what you're doing, you're probably better off just searching for the culprit event(s).

__Yanik__

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Apologies, but it appears that i have made a rather slight miscalculation.
Twas not the console that caused the unplayability, but a control timer for some reason.
Know how to fix that?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Know how to fix that?
only if you show us what you have done
no one here has a magic crystal to see what is on your computer, you have to show us by screenshots as I asked you above

__Yanik__

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oh yeah right.
But never mind. I figured it out.
If you could delete this thread that would be good.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We do not delete threads - we just lock them. It would have been good if you had said what the issue was and how you resolved it, for the benefit of others who might have timer issues.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

treele.jpg
I've updated the background!
My first test playthrough of my game clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the opening and ending are properly implemented, I'd expect a blind playthrough to last around 2 hours.
This time introducing INDIVIDUAL terrain lights feature for upcoming MAJOR UPDATE for all of my MZ plugins.
Some drawing of one of 'Forgotten Eclipse' bosses: The Shifter
Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N1gStomper58