Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When will we get the ability to push our games to consoles? The fact that RPG Maker MV editor can be purchased on the consoles should be testament that it is possible and we should be able to publish our PC made games to consoles if we have publishing rights on said consoles. If this would be a DLC like it's on some engines, I would buy it on day 1.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you know that the MV on the consoles is a completely different program than the MV on the PC and only shares superficial look and a name?
for example the console MV has absolutely no plugins as far as I know...

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you know that the MV on the consoles is a completely different program than the MV on the PC and only shares superficial look and a name?
for example the console MV has absolutely no plugins as far as I know...
Completely different? As in, it uses different scripting language than Javascript and HTML5? Because that's the only major problem, everything else is just small hiccups up to the creators to iron out.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Completely different? As in, it uses different scripting language than Javascript and HTML5? Because that's the only major problem, everything else is just small hiccups up to the creators to iron out.

Console port doesn't use JS IIRC. Nintendo's implementation of HTML5 is not very good from what I heard.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
the major problem is Nintendo itself would NEVER allow any type of custom plugins... because it can potentially breach something in their security / code... if i remember correctly... they didn't even allow SCRIPT CALL or using DAMAGE FORMULA in switch version :D.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arsyloth