Consume After Battle

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by mjshi, Sep 24, 2015.

1. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Consume After Battle 1.0b
    by mjshi- OK for use in all projects with credit
    Get it here! (direct link)​

Introduction
    Inspired by Doom & Destiny's ration system. For those of you who have not played the game, it works like this: the player can buy cheap "rations" that can only be consumed after battle if the player's HP drops below 75%, which each restore 25% of a single party member's HP. I thought that this was an interesting system that helped the player stay alive through some of the tougher dungeons (it definitely helped me xD), without wasting time or MP on healing manually.
    So, this script incorporates and expands upon that system a bit. It automatically consumes designated items after battle when necessary.

Features
    Set up items that restore HP, MP, or both after each battle until the player is as close to fully restored as possible. Victory not required.
    Currently only has a multiconsumption option, working on adding turning that off~

You can turn autoconsumption on/off with a switch, or set it to always be on.

Planned Features
    - Make the code look prettier, it looks a bit messy at the moment. Done! Updated to 1.0a
    - Configure amount of times an item can be used (for example, HP potion can be used on 3 people before fully consuming one)
    - Require certain conditions for the HP/MP restore (mainly, did the player win the battle?)
    - Turn off multiconsumption

Screens
    n/a

How to Use
    Designate your item IDs, what they restore, and by what percentage/point, and you're all set!

Installation: Paste this script above Main, preferably below any custom battle scripts that you have.

Demo
    n/a

Scripts
    Direct Link:

FAQ
    Q: I don't know how to install the script >.<
    A: Open scripts, click on the empty slot above Main, press Insert. Then read the How to Use section again.

Q: I have a question about how to use the script?
    A: Read the "Configuration" part in the script. If you still have questions, ask here.

Q: I want to do something with this but am not sure how to do it?
    A: Ask away.

Credit
    mjshi

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    JosephSeraph and NTakamura like this.
  2. NTakamura

NTakamura Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sounds like a very nice system to use. Wish you the best of luck with it.

3. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks~ I have updated it to 1.0a and the code looks much nicer now. I have also confirmed that the script does indeed work xD

It also has an option for a switch now, so autoconsumption can be a player choice :3

NTakamura likes this.