Contact List Script

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by SadAndHungry, Jun 16, 2014.

1. SadAndHungry

SadAndHungry Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there any kind of contact list script out there? Maybe someone could make one if it's easy? I just want an option in the pause menu that says "Contact List", which brings you to different pages of people in the game, along with a picture and a description.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If there is no further function than just listing NPCs, you either need to search for a "journal" script, or an "encyclopedia" script.

For both types there are several available on the master script list.

If you want to use that list to activate something or to jump to their position or to open communications, then you'll need to request a new script, and then the scripter will need more info on what you want to happen and how to get the NPC data.

3. SadAndHungry

SadAndHungry Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I think I will request an encyclopedia script for strictly NPCs. I am very bad at scripting, so I cannot figure out CSCA's encyclopedia.

4. SoulPour777

SoulPour777 Crownless King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Gladly though, if you want text and pictures for your encyclopedia, then my script Scene Display Ex is for you.

http://infinitytears.wordpress.com/2014/03/20/rgss3-scene-display-ex/

Description:

This script allows you to display different images of different kind, of which it serves as a multipurpose custom scene. It can be a monster book, town book, encyclopedia of items, encyclopedia of people met, notebook or any other types of images you want to display. The script intends to display image rather than a embedded text or graphic is because for the developer to be free on making their designs on the image shown rather than limited graphic shown from the maker.

You can just modify the list of names and pictures corresponding to them and you can now have your own encyclopedia.