continous battle attacks, instead of waiting for animation turn to end

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by nerdypants, Nov 28, 2015.

1. nerdypants

nerdypants Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Singlish
    Hi all,

just want to check if it is possible to have continous battle movement, meaning like even if hero1 is attacking halfway, when it reaches hero2's turn i can attack at the same time. instead of waiting 1 attack animation to end.

not sure if you guys know what i mean.

Thanks

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    anything is possible - but having actions start before the previous action is complete will require a very complex battleloop handling animation and calculation in different steps.

As such it will require a rather complex (and difficult to write) plugin replacing the battlesystem.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Don't expect a fast solution, but if one of the scripters is interested in a challange you might get something in a few months...

3. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This will violate 2 of the most fundamental Scene_Battle based battle system foundations:

1. Only 1 battler can execute actions at a time

2. Only 1 action can be executed at a time

Meaning that even if someone managed to solve your request, those plugins will normally be incompatible with most Scene_Battle based battle system plugins, especially those relating to action executions and their flows.

Right now I can think of 2 general directions to solve your request ignoring compatibility issues:

1. Shoehorn the ABS mechanics into Scene_Battle, meaning each action execution subject, executing action and action target will be associated with an interpreter, just like how events are handled in maps

- In this case, I'll suggest you to straight out request an ABS plugin instead, unless you really want an ABS without space management.

2. Use multithreading with each thread handling the action execution subject/executing action/action targets triple(so they'll have to access shared resources in a coordinated manner)

- In this case, you'll need to find a ready and willing RMMV coding prodigy mastering multithreading with coordinated shared resource accessings(otherwise deadlocks, race conditions, heisenbugs, etc, will likely come into play), to offer an extremely expensive commission needing an exceptionally long time to accomplish.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  4. nerdypants

nerdypants Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Singlish
    ouch it is so complicated, haha thanks for answering though. at least i know i can cut that off my dream list at the moment.

5. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This would need to be done one step at a time, since the game doesn't actually play additional animations until the previous set of animations have been completed.

You'd need to first be able to do something like this...

https://vine.co/v/ia50MBiu6xK

And then make it so that the game isn't going to wait for it to end.

This is something I'll need if I want to implement an action battle system.

However, it may also require an overhaul of the default battle system.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    DoubleX likes this.