Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does anyone know of a script that can be used to enable greater in-game control over the way the Parallax Background scrolls?

I've enabled attribute accessors for parallax_sx and parallax_sy in my game so that I can, for example, set the speed of the parallax scroll to a fixed value via Script call if the player does something specific.  However, there are more complex things that I want to do, such as continually update the speed/direction of the parallax based on a certain event's movement.  Is there anything out there right now that will make my job any easier? :)

Thanks for any help, advice, or links you can give me!

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
$game_map.events[id].move_speed is what you are looking for. id is the id of the event in the map.

i don't remember if @move_speed for event is already attributed for reading or not, but since you know how to do it, it should be under Game_Event class or Game_CharacterBase, its super class.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.
Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madoke44