Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found that if a party has only one actor, and it's in a "Cannot move" state, then it cannot use skills (whatever which type) and even items.
For example, I have a "Cobwebbed" state with "Cannot move" restriction. The only actor (call it Herald) at a party is cobwebbed. And Herald can't use skills to break free, and cannot use items. To do so, I must leave "Cobwebbed" state without restrictions.

How to make a character use some skills if it affected by a state with the "Cannot move" restriction? And how to make so that "cobwebbed" actors cannot use inventory?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can give the state Seal Skill to disable skills you don't want him to be able to use while being under that effect (and also not make it "cannot move"). To disable items during it, you'll need a plugin.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can give the state Seal Skill to disable skills you don't want him to be able to use while being under that effect (and also not make it "cannot move"). To disable items during it, you'll need a plugin.
I know about Seal Skill. However, I got other questions:
1)Seal Skill doesn't force an actor to skip the turn automatically in combat. How to make it so that the actor cannot move in combat, but can use skills out of it?
2)What's the plugin I must use to disable items?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know about Seal Skill. However, I got other questions:
1)Seal Skill doesn't force an actor to skip the turn automatically in combat. How to make it so that the actor cannot move in combat, but can use skills out of it?
2)What's the plugin I must use to disable items?
In that case, I have no idea how you plan on using skills when they're simultaneously made to "cannot move". You have one or the other, not both at once.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that case, I have no idea how you plan on using skills when they're simultaneously made to "cannot move". You have one or the other, not both at once.
Alright. I just don't want to force a player to press the "Wait" button every time, when it must use a cobwebbed actor in combat.
I suppose that I should use the "Item Requirements (YEP)" plugin to disable items for some states.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Staples