Control Timer in Common Event

ZoWillow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to use Yanfly's Button Common Events to assign a stealth mode to particular button. So the bulk of the work here is in creating a stealth mode in a common event. I was thinking that I would have the screen tint to indicate the mode is active, turn on a switch that will make my enemy events unresponsive while the switch is on, and turn on a short timer which will un-tint the screen and turn the switch back off once it reaches zero. The problem I am having is that everything I have read about how to accomplish this sort of thing with the control timer has been about regular events, and relied on using multiple event pages, which is something I can't do in a common event. Is there a way to accomplish what I need in a common event?

Thank you for your time,
Zo

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With common events, you'll need multiple events. One common event for every page of the similiar map event.
And you need to use a general switch to trigger the parallel common event because common events have no self-switches.

ZoWillow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With common events, you'll need multiple events. One common event for every page of the similiar map event.
And you need to use a general switch to trigger the parallel common event because common events have no self-switches.
Thanks! So, if I'm understanding you correctly, I would just need the initial common event assigned to a key, then a separate parallel process event on each map with a conditional branch for when the timer runs out. Does that sound right?

Thanks again!
-Zo

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. You don't need any map event unless you need them for something else.
You need a single parallel process common event for checking the timer started by the other common event.

ZoWillow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the clarification! I'll be putting this to use today. Thanks so much!

-Zo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr