RMMV Controlling escape success or fail rates/Remove increase in escape rate after every fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-Unknown

"Ethan"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figure this might be the sort of thing where I should alter one of the manager js files rather than getting a plugin.

So, I want to have a little more control over which enemies are allowed to be escaped successfully or not rather than just disabling escaping in general.

So what I've done is I've got the actors and enemies pretty much relying on 0.5 * $gameParty.agility() / $gameTroop.agility() to define whether escape will be successful or not by having the player AGI locked at 30 through all levels and enemies having 10 AGI to be guaranteed escapes, 30 AGI to be 50/50 escapes, and 99 AGI to be guaranteed fails.
But something is allowing occasional escaping from the 99 AGI enemies when the player should be failing every time. I think the issue could be there is some kind of increase in chances with every failed attempt, and I don't know what to remove to stop it. But I mean, it just could be my own bad with how I set this up.

For those wondering why not just disable the escape outright for these 99 AGI enemies, there is a condition in battle that can be met which will add a state to them that lowers thier AGI to around 30% of what they had, allowing for escape once that happens.

I'm thinking there's gonna be something in one of the main js files that I can simply alter or outright remove to stop this increase in escape success chances so that AGI 99 can can't be escaped until their AGI is lowered by event conditions.

Please let me know what it is I should alter in the js files and where... or if I need to change the system I got. Hopefully I don't need to change it though.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the default adds 0.1 to the escape rate with each failed attempt. i use yanfly battle engine core to change "escape ratio" and "fail escape boost" in the plugin parameters.

as for changing the main js files. pretty sure you know more about that then i do. sry cant be more help.

Player-Unknown

"Ethan"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the default adds 0.1 to the escape rate with each failed attempt. i use yanfly battle engine core to change "escape ratio" and "fail escape boost" in the plugin parameters.

as for changing the main js files. pretty sure you know more about that then i do. sry cant be more help.
That's alright.
While I'm not using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core for this particular project, maybe the 0.1 being added to the escape rate is probably in there somewhere already.
I'll try using CTRL + F with 0.1 and go looking around with notepad and see if I can find anything.

Player-Unknown

"Ethan"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup. I found it. 0.1 is added to the escape chances whenever you fail. So I got rid of it and now the system works perfectly. Thanks for helping me know what to look for.
Solution.pngWe can now close this thread. Problem has been solved.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finding synonyms for 'Crystal' is a bit awkward, because the thesaurus occasionally thinks I'm talking about drugs.
"Today I will totally open up RPG Maker and work on my game. I have lots of ideas!"

End of day spoiler: It didn't happen.
years later and I still couldn't get over the fact that Konami killed P.T. and Silent Hills. Oh so much potential for a new modern classic horror.
Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thaumaturge