TecnoNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Is there anyone among many programmers, who would know convert this short script rpgmkr ACE in a plugin for rpgmkr MV?
I would really need to continue with my project...

COMMANDS:

– “Page_graphic (page,”files name“, index)” to set the event page, the graphics and the index of the event

– “Page_priority (ID,page, priority”) to set ID, event page and z axis priorities of the event

– “Page_move (page, speed, frequency, type”) to set event page, speed, frequency and type of movement (block, ramdom etc) of the event

SCRIPT FOR ACE

ot91ncnr1v694016g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That script doesn't make any sense, and would not do what you're saying it does - I suspect what you've posted above is not really the correct/exact script.  Do you have a link to the original script - the page where you got it from?

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

tip: don't use the 'page' button when typing your posts - it messes them up pretty badly.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz, it seems to me to be a script called via event that changes the character graphic of an event page and other various things.

It doesn't really look like a partial script, though pasting it on http://pastebin.com/ with all the indents (or putting it here in code tags) would really help.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those methods call @event.pages a number of times, which does absolutely nothing.  There is nothing in that code that actually changes anything on the event.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will agree with Shaz...it's not even doing anything's...just random call :/

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nevermind, ignore me xD I have probably have sight issues and am horribly mistaken. I guess I only saw the last couple of lines or something... geez.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah, the Game_Interpreter methods are valid, but the Game_Event methods that they're calling don't actually do anything.

TecnoNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
That script doesn't make any sense, and would not do what you're saying it does - I suspect what you've posted above is not really the correct/exact script.  Do you have a link to the original script - the page where you got it from?

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

tip: don't use the 'page' button when typing your posts - it messes them up pretty badly.

I'm sorry! I do not know what happened during the copy and paste: P
Now it should be okay! I put it directly into image xD

I need this plugin to convert my fighting system created in the events:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need this plugin to convert my fighting system created in the events:

You gave us a video, but no script this time.

Please give us a link to the website where you found the script - we can't help you unless we get the full script.

But judging from the video, that battlesystem would be a big work requiring several thousand lines of code - it can't be converted quick, that is a lot of work.

TecnoNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You gave us a video, but no script this time.

Please give us a link to the website where you found the script - we can't help you unless we get the full script.

But judging from the video, that battlesystem would be a big work requiring several thousand lines of code - it can't be converted quick, that is a lot of work.

look the original post :D

the link for the script not exist... the script for ACE was created for me by a friend ...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Grrrr ... stupid page formatting that I'm not even adding to my post!

I can't post the script here, so I'll send it to you in a PM - hopefully it'll work.

The modified script you provided is much better, but I still don't think it's correct.  The page_move method in Game_Interpreter refers to a variable that's not passed into the method, so I think if you ever called that in a script call, the game would crash.

Edit - nope, still adding the page breaks and splitting up the code.  Try this instead:

http://pastebin.com/52xizHgi

TecnoNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Edit - nope, still adding the page breaks and splitting up the code.  Try this instead:

http://pastebin.com/52xizHgi

Thanks for helping me and sorry for the mess with copy and paste. Really thank you very much!

I'll make the tests, I do not know how to thank you for helping me. Thanks again Y_Y

EDIT:

At the moment I have only tested the first command "page_graphic (ev, page, graphic, index)" by setting these values (page_graphic (1, 1, "Monster", 1)) to change the graphics of the first event page with ID 001 and I got the following errors:

errore 1.png

errore 2.png

Surely I was wrong to set the command ... I do not know

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please show me a screenshot of your event 1, and a screenshot of the event that contains the script call, if it's a different event?

edit: can you just try disabling lines 24 and 54 and see if that makes a difference?  Just put a // in front of them both.

TecnoNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I have tested even with the other two script commands and gives me the same mistakes:
"page_priority is not defined" and "page_moveis not defined"

errore 3.png

It's only the test project :D

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added something to my previous post.  Can you check?

TecnoNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I tried to freeze (//) rows 24 and 54, but nothing has changed ... same as before errors.

EDIT:

I apologize but here in Italy are the hours 0:50 am and I have to go to sleep, otherwise I can not work tomorrow. I hope not to have been too disruptive tonight ... thanks again for the help you're giving me. :)

goodnight (or good day!)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry - I can't figure it out.  I changed them to plugin calls and have it working so it's not crashing, but the graphic still doesn't change.

Someone else will have to solve this one as I've got to move on to other things.  Really sorry.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Most variable "properties" have been changed to have an underscore in front of them. For anyone interested, look at line 8389 of rpg_objects.js to get an idea of how events are set up. Shaz's can be used as a framework. @TecnoNinja, if you can wait a week or so, I could probably do this for you, but until then, anyone, feel free to take this.

Code:
   Game_Event.prototype.page_graphic = function(page, graphic, index) {
     this.event().pages.image.characterName = graphic; //should be this.event().pages.image._characterName
     this.event().pages.image.characterIndex = index; //same for this one, I think
     this.setupPageSettings();
    }

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acoolusername