Convert SideView to simple FrontView ?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Benji01, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benji01

Benji01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hi,
    I decided to rewrite my thread - so here we go:
    I want to convert the sideview system, into front view.
    My game has only 1 actor.
    I have found out how to move his position.
    I want to use charsets as actor & enemy sprites, I do this with victor's battler graphic set up.
    I even found the line in his script that defines where the character moves if taking a step forward, running, etc.
    So I got this, but there are more Problems:
    How can I change it so, Actors on default look 'up' and not left?

How can I chang eit so, Enemies on default look 'down' and not right?

When enemies take action in battle, they move right - where can I change it so they just move
    down towards my actor - who is positioned in the bottom middle of the screen, just above the UI.

Please help me ;__;
    I have given my battle screen a lot of thought on how I can create the most amount of variation in enemies.
    There are literally tons of charsets for all different kinds of monsters, probably about 50% more than actually
    drawn enemies AND when using a charset, I don't have to get an extra on-map-character for the enemy, because
    its all in one. I was about to use Sideview, but ALL boss sprites are front view.
    I didn't think it was that hard, I remember in VX Ace Victor had a script for such kind of front view system and
    it was really easy to setup ~ has nobody ever needed something like this in MV ? I couldn't find anything on
    the internet, seems everybody is fine with using sideview... :/ I don't like sideview.

Link to Victors Plugin:
    https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/battler-graphic-setup/

bye!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Closed due to OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.