Ilovepapayas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Hello everyone, unfortunately the webm video format does not support an alpha channel.
Transparent backgrounds are therefore displayed in black.
However, some standard resources in VN Maker have transparent backgrounds. These are in the format webmhd.webm. (e.g. blizzard.webmhd.webm).

I haven't found a way to save or convert to this format yet, do you have any ideas?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are quite likely more familiar with it than I am, but your premise doesn't seem to be correct. When I Google "webm transparency," I find a lot of development discussions on Google, Adobe and Stack Exchange discussing it.

None of them say that the format does not support transparency, they're all about how to reliably achieve it. Perhaps you should read through those and try some of those techniques to see if it correctly preserves transparency in your videos.

Technically speaking, to your question, that part of your filename doesn't actually mean anything. Only the last portion of a filename after a period (the .webm) is recognized by Windows as the file extension, and is used to instruct applications. The "webmhd" portion is just cosmetic, and looks like a reference for the designers to say it's in an HD resolution. If you deleted that portion of the filename (and, of course, made sure that any references to it in your project were saved as well), it shouldn't make any difference.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When you export to webm or mp4 you need to make sure RGB+Alpha is selected in your convert settings. This depends on the software you are using of course.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx