robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys, thought I would share this template (spritesheet_actor.png, legend in Legend.jpg) that I put together for converting animated spritesheets from the VX format (eg. Holder's) to the new MV one. Since there are only 13 positions in a typical VX Ace spritesheet, some have been duplicated for the additional slots on the MV one. Position 1, 2 and 3 on the new sheets are the "standby" positions and you may need to edit this from the "Idle" stance (position 1 on the VX spritesheet) or else it may look strange. Also, since the new animations only have 3 frames, you will need to chop off the 4th image from each animation on the old spritesheet - it doesn't seem to have much effect ;) I have attached an example (skeleton.png) that I made that works well with the MV "Animated Enemies" plugin - just drop it into your sv_actors directory, making sure that it has the same name as the enemy "preview" in sv_enemies. Enjoy and if there are any pros who can offer feedback on this it would be much appreciated - n00b here :)

Legend.jpg

skeleton.png

spritesheet_actor.png

Last edited by a moderator:

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry, could an admin perhaps move this to the RPG Maker MV specific resources? Just noticed that now! Thanks :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What are you talking about?  That's where it's always been.  If you need moderator action on a post, please report it instead.  Double posting is not allowed.

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry I didn't know - as I said complete noob. I will report in future.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The idea is good and helpfull, but I suggest you rename your topic (edit first post, then select the full editor options).

"converting Holder Battlers to MV format".

The reason is that Holder's format is NOT a default VX/VXA format, and only one of several possible battlersheet formats used by Ace.

The only default VX animated sprites are the move sprite, and those only need to be resized not reformatted.

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The idea is good and helpfull, but I suggest you rename your topic (edit first post, then select the full editor options).

"converting Holder Battlers to MV format".

The reason is that Holder's format is NOT a default VX/VXA format, and only one of several possible battlersheet formats used by Ace.

The only default VX animated sprites are the move sprite, and those only need to be resized not reformatted.
Thanks Andar, done :)

Atomk

Workaholic
Reaction score
First Language
English
Could someone please help clarify how one would go about converting the the one format to the other?

To give you a run down of my predicament, I know I need to change it, but then I am at a loss, do I painstakingly cut/paste objects? Is there an easier method to moving things around without a mess?

Basically put, what is my starting point to go from, for example, Holders sprite sheet from VXAce to RMMV standard?

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could someone please help clarify how one would go about converting the the one format to the other?

To give you a run down of my predicament, I know I need to change it, but then I am at a loss, do I painstakingly cut/paste objects? Is there an easier method to moving things around without a mess?

Basically put, what is my starting point to go from, for example, Holders sprite sheet from VXAce to RMMV standard?

i would expect just to rearrange the animation frames into the correct format.

Maycon Gama Ribeiro

Heroes Of Equilibrium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This image below is possible to use it only with the license of the MV in commercial use?

post-73882-0-97190100-1446757846_thumb.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@robroyman Please edit your original post giving proper credit to Matseb for the sprites you used. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

besides itch and occasionally here where are people doing game jams at y'all? (plz do not cross reference this with my previous status lol)
Go out all day!
★No work★
Just want to sleep when I get home Zzzzz
just went through 50 issues of Fables, only to left kind of disappointed by it, I guess I have to wait for season 2 of TWAU instead.
Untitled Project.gif

Feel free to subscribe, cuz im gonna release it first there.
https://crashykk.itch.io/crashykk-retro-tileset
and_remember_tomorrow_beside_myself.jpg

The worst part about making custom stuff is, I can't really ask any of you why a second copy of the character randomly appears only when going SW, S, or SE and changing directions. Been bugging me for the last two days. On the plus side, look at the new random map pieces I made while thinking about it.:LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flixhqtv