Converting Holder Battlers to MV format

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys, thought I would share this template (spritesheet_actor.png, legend in Legend.jpg) that I put together for converting animated spritesheets from the VX format (eg. Holder's) to the new MV one. Since there are only 13 positions in a typical VX Ace spritesheet, some have been duplicated for the additional slots on the MV one. Position 1, 2 and 3 on the new sheets are the "standby" positions and you may need to edit this from the "Idle" stance (position 1 on the VX spritesheet) or else it may look strange. Also, since the new animations only have 3 frames, you will need to chop off the 4th image from each animation on the old spritesheet - it doesn't seem to have much effect ;) I have attached an example (skeleton.png) that I made that works well with the MV "Animated Enemies" plugin - just drop it into your sv_actors directory, making sure that it has the same name as the enemy "preview" in sv_enemies. Enjoy and if there are any pros who can offer feedback on this it would be much appreciated - n00b here :)

Legend.jpg

skeleton.png

spritesheet_actor.png

Last edited by a moderator:

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry, could an admin perhaps move this to the RPG Maker MV specific resources? Just noticed that now! Thanks :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What are you talking about?  That's where it's always been.  If you need moderator action on a post, please report it instead.  Double posting is not allowed.

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry I didn't know - as I said complete noob. I will report in future.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The idea is good and helpfull, but I suggest you rename your topic (edit first post, then select the full editor options).

"converting Holder Battlers to MV format".

The reason is that Holder's format is NOT a default VX/VXA format, and only one of several possible battlersheet formats used by Ace.

The only default VX animated sprites are the move sprite, and those only need to be resized not reformatted.

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The idea is good and helpfull, but I suggest you rename your topic (edit first post, then select the full editor options).

"converting Holder Battlers to MV format".

The reason is that Holder's format is NOT a default VX/VXA format, and only one of several possible battlersheet formats used by Ace.

The only default VX animated sprites are the move sprite, and those only need to be resized not reformatted.
Thanks Andar, done :)

Atomk

Workaholic
Reaction score
First Language
English
Could someone please help clarify how one would go about converting the the one format to the other?

To give you a run down of my predicament, I know I need to change it, but then I am at a loss, do I painstakingly cut/paste objects? Is there an easier method to moving things around without a mess?

Basically put, what is my starting point to go from, for example, Holders sprite sheet from VXAce to RMMV standard?

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could someone please help clarify how one would go about converting the the one format to the other?

To give you a run down of my predicament, I know I need to change it, but then I am at a loss, do I painstakingly cut/paste objects? Is there an easier method to moving things around without a mess?

Basically put, what is my starting point to go from, for example, Holders sprite sheet from VXAce to RMMV standard?

i would expect just to rearrange the animation frames into the correct format.

Maycon Gama Ribeiro

Heroes Of Equilibrium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This image below is possible to use it only with the license of the MV in commercial use?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@robroyman Please edit your original post giving proper credit to Matseb for the sprites you used. Thank you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh, okay then. There was a report on it today, so I didn't even notice. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;
NeoPGX wrote on Kes's profile.
Oh hey I just saw your comment on my profile status update.

The thing is I have twitter set up mark all my content as being potentially sensitive by default. I do it as a precaution even though I very rarely upload any such content.
I'm the fly in your soup
I'm the pebble in your shoe
I'm the pea beneath your bed
I'm the bump on every head
I'm the peel on which you slip
I'm the pin in every hip
I'm the thorn in your side
Makes you wriggle and writhe
And it's so easy when you're evil
bro how do I have over 30 OCs
A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trons_0091