Zacyiia

The Endless Void
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Weapons4.png

I would like to make Icons out of the above weapons. But seeing as simply scaling them down looks awful, I was wondering if there was a particular way to make icons out of these without losing too much of their quality.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
scaling works, but there is 2 tricks if you own photoshop (not sure its in gimp or krita) but worth trying.

1) scaling down with "content-aware Scale" -> this can sometimes works great.
2) use normal scale option but DO NOT confirm.
Make sure you screen use the actual pixels, than scale down to 32x32 if im correct
screenshot it and paste it. (this methode works the best in my opinion) but you need to erase all
necessarry things after that and you have it :)

EDIT: Here is a little sample of the last 3 weapon into 32x32 Icon.
(i can do all later unless you can do it (or someone else))
Sample.png

Last edited:

Zacyiia

The Endless Void
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately I could not get this to work. I followed your steps but they just ended up blurry. I would totally be grateful if you could do it... Only thing is that might be a ton of work. There are a total of 114 individual icons that I need to get done...

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
true, but method "2" is mostly what I do, but it needs minor edits to fit better.
I have probably more time tomorrow if you want me to do it.

make a rar/zip package and put it in dropbox/mega upload or elsewhere.
number the files from 1 through x (1 for being 1st) x being last and a txt file
with weaponsX first so I can make them in order and paste here when done for you.

You just need to add them to your iconset list of max with of 512 x Y increase.

and send it through a PM. I will work on it this week or begin the next week and get it done in that week for you.

Zacyiia

The Endless Void
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow... You are AWESOME!!! OK, I will get everything ready and PM you with the link!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get it busy this week, but I can work later that day for an hour or 2 and i see how far i get,
Maybe i make it iconset directly, the only thing you need is to increase it.

Idk if you want it in order or of the sheet or everything together to keep it organized like
per kind of weapon per row (similair below)

row 1, all swords
row 2, all staffs
row 3, all axes etc

I will do every weapon to 32x32 and modify where needed.
Do you also want a frame or transparant?

I also take only the 3 animation and drop the 2 before it,
unless you want it mirrored which is also possible.

Zacyiia

The Endless Void
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw crap, let me resend the link. I didn't see your latest post! I will have to make some adjustments!

Zacyiia

The Endless Void
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have made a new link. This file should contain the Weapon sheets, The IconSet file (already extended), and a text file with the instructions.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Zacyiia, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Instead please use the 'Edit' button, if you want to add something to your post.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png
MV's plugin command setup is the current bane of RETRO's existence. To a degree, so is MZ's. Especially when trying to make MV's plugin command interface play nice with MZ plugin commands with complex arguments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalahan