CyberPodMark2

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey guys, I was testing some mv games on my laptop but Is there is any other way to converts MV Games to VX Ace? I might need some instructions with screenshots or a video tutorial with links. if you have some scripts that use MV to converts the files to vx or a software tool that can extract game files to VX Ace files, Just let me know in my post.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no way to convert MV games to Ace. I wrote the converter from Ace to MV and it was a huge task. I'm not sure there would be enough demand for someone to be interested in writing something to work the other way. And if they did, it would only be the database and map data. You would still have to go through and do all the resources (graphics/audio) yourself, and you would still have to go through and add scripts to replace any plugins, and change all of the plugin calls and script calls to work with the replacement scripts and data structures.

Why would you want to go back the other way?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't - it's not even theoretically possible, because in his post above Shaz forgot that VXAce has only two map layers, and MV has three.

You can convert the map data from Ace to MV because that is just adding an empty layer there.
But if you have a map that uses all three layers in MV (and the way automated layering works it is almost impossible to limit yourself to using only two of MVs layers during mapping, unless you're specifically paying attention), then you would need to erase one map layer to fit into Ace structure.

And that means that all maps would look bad or incomplete after conversion.

CyberPodMark2

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
There is no way to convert MV games to Ace. I wrote the converter from Ace to MV and it was a huge task. I'm not sure there would be enough demand for someone to be interested in writing something to work the other way. And if they did, it would only be the database and map data. You would still have to go through and do all the resources (graphics/audio) yourself, and you would still have to go through and add scripts to replace any plugins, and change all of the plugin calls and script calls to work with the replacement scripts and data structures.

Why would you want to go back the other way?
Well because RPG Maker MV takes too many charge to run from the laptop battery due to draining, So I only prefer the VX Ace version that takes a little charge to run on laptop. But thanks for the advice by the way.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerdantSorcerer