Ak0i

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello hello! I'm looking for a specific cooking/crafting system that has a bit more "flavor" to it, using pictures, icons, animations, etc!

I don't know much about coding myself so I don't know what is doable or not, but the general idea I had was crafting from a cauldron. This would be something that the player would interact with on the map, so it'd go through an event to bring up the menu.
This would just be for cooking needs, so the main picture would be of a cauldron that preferably be animated to be bubbling, along with a music change.

General Step-by-Step

It would first ask if you'd like to cook or quit the menu, if you select to cook then it would pull out a recipe book with a list of recipes that you have learned with what ingredients that it needs on the right side, with the icon of the item showing as well. If you have the correct ingredients, a little green check goes next to the icon and you're able to select it and move forward. The recipe book menu goes away and returns to the cauldron.
The icons for the ingredients would be by the side of the cauldron, with a final "Are you sure?" text box. When selected the items will get tossed into the pot, another animation ensues of it mixing. And at the end, a poof of smoke and the new items icon is shown.

----------

I have some pictures here of a mock-up that I doodles out real quick to give a general idea using the recipe "Pumpkin Juice" with Pumpkin and Sugar being the ingredients. How difficult would getting something similar to this setup? I don't mind changing this as long as the general idea is still there!
It'd be nice to have something a little more interactive for a crafting system and I wasn't able to find anything online that would work with these needs unfortunately.

If you'd like me to clarify anything or questions please let me know! Feel free to message me directly regarding this as well. :)
If this is a bit too much work for free, I'd be willing to negotiate over PM (I can also make a post directly in classified if required).

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.png
    2.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.png
    3.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.png
    4.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.png
    5.png
    128 KB · Views: 12

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the mockup is nice and dont exist yet, and while there are crafting plugins,
this one is not one of them.

I know I can event that cooking process with the pro's and cons.
Saving recipe might be difficult but doable,
selection the items can be possible, and the cons mostly, it require a bunch
of switches for known recipes.

making this into a plugin would be easier, but it's probably not easy to make.
but definitly doable, but I cannot tell if people are willing to do it for free
or some person love to make it for free.

but what is the different between yours and existend once?
do you use many recipes (50+) or a couple (lower than 10-20),
what exact purpose does it in the game?

because maybe there is a plugin that require minor editing.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't have many of the recipes, you can even event all of this.

Ak0i

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The main issues I saw with using other plugins around was mainly the lack of illustrations that could be used, most what I was seeing was using the basic text boxes with no real use of pictures/animations.
So far the most "ingredients" that would be used in one recipe would be 3, so nothing too crazy.
And the player would not be able to just throw anything in the pot and see what happens, it would be directly tied to the recipe book; if you don't have a recipe you can't cook it.
The recipes would be found throughout the world as items themselves, so with a unique ID

As is, I'm not too sure how many recipes in total there will be, I will only be using this crafting system for items, not weapons/armor/etc which does put the recipe list lower. If I had to guess though, then at the end there would probably be close to 50.
In my game instead of potions it's just different types of food, so basically whatever you think could be in a potion it'll be a recipe.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
event this part might be doable, but for 50 recipes if not more,
a plugin might be easier or better yet, a combination of plugin + event.

the event can create animations easier + window if need as your book
shows, as for your recipe list with ingredients into the plugin which than can
be called by scriptcall to use.

If I know how to built the recipe list easy in a plugin, you can event the rest,
because you call the recipe by scriptcall when its true, you can cook,
when it's false, you cannot make it because either gray out or not visible.
so you can set ani kind of animation during cooking, a nice one for cooking
process to event it partly (or fully) would be the use with PKD_pictureSequences,
so you have many possibilities, recipe list can be made by switches, 1 switch
for each recipe.

so there are ways, 50 recipes might be do able as well to event it.
but it depends if you are confortable for it or not.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finally drew 3 of the enemies that appear as students from the high school that's in my game.
Finnuval wrote on ShuBun-Kin's profile.
Loving the avatar :D
Introducing the premium bagel
I have a micro economics midterm tomorrow. I'm not worried.
Should be a...small exam :kaojoy:
While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshua2050