Cool front hair for the character generator

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by BaconSmite, Oct 26, 2015.

1. BaconSmite

BaconSmite Teenage Punk Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey all, I've been making some hair styles for use with the character generator and thought I would share one that I have made. I like this hair style quite a lot and hope you do to as it introduces hair gel to the character generator :D  I am new to all of this so if you have any issues with it then please let me know :)  I know its only one front hair but I think it really changes your character into something awesome :D

[​IMG]

Please save the files as instructed if you want it to work the numbers can be changed if you have other custom hair.

The files are named as followed and placed in the following folders:

FG_FrontHair_p17_c1_m003            RPG Maker MV\Generator\Face\Male           http://i.imgur.com/Cq0eIfI.png

SV_FrontHair_p17                             RPG Maker MV\Generator\SV\Male              http://i.imgur.com/lP0kPDo.png

SV_FrontHair_p17_c                         RPG Maker MV\Generator\SV\Male              http://i.imgur.com/RM0YqiX.png

TV_FrontHair1_p17                           RPG Maker MV\Generator\TV\Male              http://i.imgur.com/gIUPRAk.png

TV_FrontHair1_p17_c                       RPG Maker MV\Generator\TV\Male              http://i.imgur.com/ziFWj23.png

TVD_FrontHair_p17                          RPG Maker MV\Generator\TVD\Male            http://i.imgur.com/bF4ouhB.png

TVD_FrontHair_p17_c                      RPG Maker MV\Generator\TVD\Male            http://i.imgur.com/Q6IrEKR.png

icon_FrontHair_p18                          RPG Maker MV\Generator\Variation\Male     http://i.imgur.com/xNlVVxQ.png

I would like to receive credit where it is due for those of you who decide to use this hair. Please don't re-post thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Baka-chan

Baka-chan ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    They hairstyle is cool.

The problem is that it looks kind of not fitting with the backhair. If you look at your screenshot you will see the difference between his front/backhair combo compared to the guy with the black hair. Might be because of the colors used on the front hair base.

3. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if you have an issue with how it looks on the portrait or the battlers? Although I did have a lot of trouble with getting the front and back to match on the portrait as each back hair has different hairline ( which must be why all front hairs are down and kinda emo I guess) :(   Bu It love how it looks on the battler and the colours were all obtained from the back hair. Ill try to address this issue but I'm glad you think its cool. The black hair in the screenshot is a different custom one just to clarify.

4. Baka-chan

First Language:
    German
    They way the generator recolors it makes it look different compared to the back hair.

The black looks closer the color style of the backhair (might just be because of the color).

If you look closer at them you notice that the generator turn the color of the custom front hair darker then the default color of the back hair.

I compared the light blond in your custom front hair with some default front hair:

Yours is using #f2d080 for the light blond part

Default is using #f8d888 for the light blond

That should be the reason it gets colored differently and looks kind of off.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  5. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    According to Paint they are the exact same colour but I do however so your point it does look a little darker. However I'm new to this so I'm not sure haw I can get to of the exact same colours to look more similar :unsure:   However I will try but it wold be great if you could tell me if it was the battlers, the sprites or the portrait tat you had an issue with. Or all :D

Thanks for letting me know as I couldn't figure it out :D   but this was made on paint.net so it can be difficult to get the blending of colours done right. :(   but thanks for the help and ill do my best to get my hairstyles coloured better in the future :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  6. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are amazing! Thank you!

Can they be used commercially?

7. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    Sure dude you can use them commercially :D   Id appreciate some credit but I just want to see game with characters that don't all have girly fringes :guffaw:

Sythian Bard and JAD94 like this.
  8. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! How would you like me to credit you, any preferred aliases? :)

9. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    Just go with BaconSmite. Its not my birth name as my parents aren't that cruel :p  but it should help people to find more of my resources if they want :D

JAD94 likes this.
  10. Baka-chan

First Language:
    German
    [​IMG]

Left is your blond and right is the blond used by default front hair. As you can see it's darker and therefore the recoler later on in the generator makes it look darker too. I couldn't post a screenshot of a character generator character because my generator just refused to do what I want :I

11. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You got it! Thank you again!

12. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    Thanks dude I see it clearly now that I know your on about the battlers :)  I see the slight(very slight) colour difference. But I still like it and if the colour difference is a bother you are welcome to change it and /I'm sure that ill get round to fixing it but I'm gonna leave it as It is for now and carry on making more hair and then come back later to fix the issues as I'm sure that there will be more as this was my first attempt. :)

13. Dinamic Creates

Dinamic Creates Project Stealth | Project Dungeon Trios Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dude! This is my real hairstyle!! I love you man, and I'm going to update my sprite :3

14. LectroNyx

LectroNyx The Guy With The Face Member

First Language:
    English
    Wow, that actually is pretty cool!

15. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    I'm glad you guys like this hair :D  . ill be making more so if there are anymore issues or if you want something specific made then please let me know :D

16. Ishiirou

Ishiirou Villager Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  17. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    I see what you mean dude I think the issue with this was with the right side of the hair. I wouldn't Know where to begin to fix it as it gave me a lot of trouble trying to get it right the first time but ill look at adjusting the shading in that area and see what I can do. Thanks for the heads up :D

18. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's the pixel outline.  It looks like you've been using the pencil tool instead of a brush for the outline.  If you can't get the brush to work right try double sizing it to draw and then sizing it down once you're done.  A hard edged anti-aliased brush would be best but working at double size hides a lot of errors.

19. BaconSmite

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the tip I think you might be right on that one :)  I only used a 1 thickness line and I think looking back at the image I've gone over the outline twice at some point ( I must have got confused with the layers) Thanks again for the advice :D

20. Final_zero

Final_zero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey man are you taking requests? If so can I ask for a hair style?

Let me know if you need this reply to be removed