Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am using Yanfly's Skill Restrictions script. However, cooldowns that I have set with the usual note tag have no effect at all.

Is that because cooldowns are incompatible with CTB systems, due to the way that 'turn' is calculated, or have I found yet another bug with the PCTB script I'm using?

Thanks for any enlightenment that you can give.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By not having an effect, does it mean the cooldown is not applied or the cooldown is not updated (it's forever on cooldown without the cooldown counter goes down)?

It is possible that CTB/PCTB just overwrite the function to update the turn and not calling the update cooldown function if it was the latter. But without the reference to the script, idk if that was the case.

Reactions: Kes

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's very possible you're right that turns are handled completely differently in the CTB - but it definitely depends on the CTB (I know when I made my own for a game years ago, the concept of "Turns" still existed but only one battler would act on each Turn).

However, in place of the Skill Restrictions script, you might want to try just handling Cooldowns through the use of States. Have each skill (with a cooldown) add a state to the user that Seals that skill for X turns (or actions). If the CTB is doing something incredibly weird it's possible this approach won't work, but I think it would be more innocuous than something like Yanfly's script, and less likely to conflict with your CTB.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen cooldowns were not being applied.
@Wavelength a state works. I've used 'action' rather than 'turn' for the duration, as I think that might be safer. However, I shall only know that for certain after much more playtesting.

Thank you both for your time and attention.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Government : "Hehehe~ I will spread lies that the earth is round so that I could sell globes~"
Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vattitheminish