Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how interesting can be copilote ! when you ask it to explain the selected code related to project structure.
1656776129544.png

and more short version, can be weird because lack of documentation in rmmz core.
1656776523970.png

Last edited:

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very interesting! I hadn't realized that in addition to writing code when given a description, it could do the reverse too.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That second screenshot doesn't seem like a very accurate description of that code to me.

So aside from the basic issue of whether it's even correct...presuming you know the symbols for AND and OR, is that really much easier to read than just looking at the code?

I guess for more complicated things like loops and manipulating variables/data types, it might be helpful to someone who isn't very accomplished at coding, but then I'd go back to the concern of whether it was even telling me the right thing.

I suppose it's an interesting attempt at a project.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very interesting! I hadn't realized that in addition to writing code when given a description, it could do the reverse too.
he can also translate code in other language.
1656802190576.png

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's definitely neat, but I agree with ATT_Turan. Honestly, I can read the code form faster than I can read the English form. Though that is partially true because RPG Maker core scripts are really good about naming everything in a manner that makes it very clear what it does, and that's not always going to be the case when you read other people's code.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's definitely neat, but I agree with ATT_Turan. Honestly, I can read the code form faster than I can read the English form. Though that is partially true because RPG Maker core scripts are really good about naming everything in a manner that makes it very clear what it does, and that's not always going to be the case when you read other people's code.
the idea is rather to contemplate the extraordinary engineering model behind GHCopilot and get a view on future opportunities it could bring.
Like writing documentations for APIs !, converting project to any language!!
The lab is still in an experimental state and will remain so for several more years.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vestrio