BigJosher84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since there are only a limited amount of tile set I can have on one map, is there a way to copy tiles from one map that has different tile sets and paste them in another map. I accidently did it before but I didnt know how to delete what I copied, the undo button was greyed out (so how would I delete a pasted?).. I found other post but it was for the same map.

God Bless You and Stay Safe :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you can only use the tiles from the tileset specified for that map.

You can't have accidentally done it before - it's just not possible.

There is a Change Tileset command, but that changes the tileset during gameplay.

What you CAN do is create a new image for one of the slots, with the same dimensions, and copy the tiles you want in, leaving out those you don't want. You do this in an image editing program though, not in the RPG Maker editor (but after you've created the image, you'll have to use the editor to put the correct image into that slot and update all its passage settings and so forth).

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps the extra image(s) you accidentally put on your map was an event with an image? That's my only guess to what could have happened.

As for the ability to customize maps better, you might want to check out a method called "parallax mapping". Another option to consider is Yanfly's doodads. I hope that helps and good luck!

Piyan Glupak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you copy from a map which use one set of tiles (for instance dungeon) to a map which uses another (for instance indoor) it won't look like the map that you copied from, and will usually look a mess.

There is something that you can do if you would like to increase the choice of tiles. You can add a couple of tile sheets to the sets of tiles. Instead of just 'A' to 'C' you can also have 'D' and 'E'. Go into the database and select the "Tile" tab. Choose a set of tiles (for instance, the inside set), click on 'D' or 'E' and select a set of tiles that you want to be able to use. These might be another set that came with MV such as the 'B' or 'C' tiles for the dungeon set, or ones that you have bought or downloaded as freebies.

There are a few things to know, though:
  1. Avoid interfering with the 'A' tiles unless you really know what you are doing. The 'A' tiles tend to work differently from the rest, and should only be in the 'A' tile sheet.
  2. For any tile sheets you add, you will have to put in the permissions yourself. Make sure that you understand the difference between 'o' (party passes in front of tile), 'x' (impassible to party under normal play) and the star (party passes behind, as used for the top halves of trees etc.).
  3. If you replace tile sheet 'B', the tile in the top left hand corner has to be blank, with the "star" passability.
Lastly, I recommend that you try adding tile sheets out first on a new, blank project that you can delete later so that you don't damage your project if you make a few mistakes before you get the hang of it.

BigJosher84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
wow, Thank You so much for the help :)

God Bless You and Stay Safe :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999