Copying and pasting data JS for database to another project not working?

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was trying to copy the JS files from the database from my old project to a new one because I set everything up there but every time I open the database in my second project, nothing changes. The skills, states, etc. stay the same before I replaced the data JS files.

Can someone explain how I can properly transfer/copy a database from one project to another?

Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 4.14.13 PM.png

EDIT:

FIXED. I just had to transfer the data while having RMMV closed... How do I delete this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not a 100% sure. But if you allready created a second RPG Maker MV project, save it one time.

Then go on and copy the files into the folder.
Then open up the RPG Maker MV, then the new project again and it should load the old datafiles just fine. ;)

I didn't tried it out on MV, but that way it worked with VX Ace at least. :) (\s/)

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
EDIT:

FIXED. I just had to transfer the data while having RMMV closed... How do I delete this thread?
you can't... and you mustn't

although you're ashamed by your mistake... just let this post stay here so people who done the same mistake can find the answer.

no need to be ashamed by your past... let's move on and let this be a reminder :D . someday you will laugh about this :D .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harway