Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using RPG Maker MZ to development my project. I'm using resources that are included with RPG Maker MZ, MV Trinity Resource Pack, RPG Maker MV's included resources, RPG Maker DS Resource Pack, and DarkFantasyCharacterPack . . . I purchased everything that had a price. I'm also using my own custom SSML in conjunction with a commercial license for a TTS voice that I purchased. I do not plan to sell my work, and I have never put a price on it.

I'm not going to lie, and say I've never in my life pirated something . . . if you can't purchase something because it's no longer available to purchase in any possible way aside from some scalper on eBay, etc . . . but the timing in this case is too much of a coincidence. I posted some screenshots, and a video of my project on my Facebook, and a day later I receive a message that my Facebook was closed for a DMCA violation with no way to reply, or defend myself . . . another day later I received a threat that my ISP is going to shut down my internet for 24 hours because a third party informed them of copyright infringement.

Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? Am I supposed to use a VPN to post things about my own work now . . . as ridiculous as that sounds.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All resources purchased from Degica are fully legal, and any infringement notice would be wrong.
And in all cases, the hosters are required by law to give you full access to the DMCA send against you, so you can respond and defend about it.

so either your hoster is breaking laws and procedures by refusing that data, or the mails were fakes trying to scare you or get you to pay incorrect fees.
because not all emails are send by the people they pretend to be the sender, and there is a whole criminal business based on sending false emails to get you to pay for things you already paid for in the past.

For example every three or four months I get an email pretending to be from my website hoster claiming that I failed to pay a bill and that I would have to pay immediatly or y website would be shut down the next day. Only if you know how to check you would see that all links in the email go to a faked website, not the true website of my hoster, and any payment done there would never go to said hoster who never send that email.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did the threat about your ISP come FROM your ISP? Check the email address very carefully. Apart from your fb account being closed, it sounds like a scam. IS your fb account actually closed? Can you log in? Any copyright infringement claim should have a way to appeal. It just doesn't sound legit to me.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounds like you have some trolls stalking you... Having your FB closed can be appealed, but no ISPs will bother shutting down your internet for posting some screenshots on FB. Delete that email or reply back telling the sender to go jump off a cliff then delete it.

No, that wasn't your ISP. As for your FB account, are you really unable to log in? Where did that message come from and who sent it? Was it by email or is that what it says when you access FB?

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Things like Copyright claims are getting more and more crazy by the day.
I don't really know what you should do about it... I had copyright claims just because I said a studios name.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Things like Copyright claims are getting more and more crazy by the day.
not exactly.
FALSE CLAIMSare getting used by scammers, that is why they seem to get more crazy by the day.
correct and true claims follow rules/laws and are neither crazy nor random.

Amane Kagari

"That Person" Yes. I'm "That person" that I am.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Phishing is becoming common these days. Always check to make sure that the message you received is really from your ISP. Usually in most email services, all you need to do is either hover over or click on the sender and their real email will show up. (Google has header tools built into gmail so you can look up a detail info about who the sender is.) And if you don't know what your ISP's real email is, they're usually listed on their site or you can simply call your provider to make sure.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks everyone for the advise. Facebook doesn't reply to anything, so I'm just going to give up on them. It's not a huge loss, and they're losing popularity these days anyway . . . it is a little suspicious because I also have emails from the FBI asking for money . . . like, I'm really going to believe that they legally accept bribes now, and for pre-Virtual Console piracy from almost 2 decades ago before Alvro was a thing . . . yeah, they're really going to raid my home, and lock me up for trying out SatellaWave, or .vb prototypes if I don't give some do nothing my credit card details.
It's definitely a scam, and the internet is still working same as always. Great way to start 2021 . . . scam people during a pandemic . . . no shame.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
-"We know who you are. You've been naughty. We're onto you. Comply or we'll shut down your Facebook and your ISP."

-"Well, since you know so much about me, can you please tell me the password of that email account I stopped logging into 3 months ago? I can't for the life of me remember it. Thank you!"

all jokes aside, the one rule you should always remember and abide by, is "know your chain of command"
"who's shutting me down? you? excuse me.... who the F**K are you, again?"
shock-and-awe, misdirection and haste are the fundamental tools of a scammer.
if you make them trip and tumble, they fall, simple as that.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Everything you've posted points to fake and suspicious nature.

My Facebook has been plastered with my designs and videos from my RPG MAKER. Never one iota of interest from Facebook, so your's seems seriously suspicious that it was RPG Maker in any way.

Legal Teams, FBI, etc., etc. do not "email" you for infringements, they MAIL YOU so you have a physical copy that's allowed in court. They also don't ask for money... as there's no monetary value set to your misdemeanor >> Only a judge can impose that.

Had the Real FBI or Police decided you were worth it, you'd get raided. Hell, they RAID for less. No warning, just bang on ya door and kick ya about. It used to be a funny thing people did to streamers.

You definitely had something else fishy going on.

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True.
not exactly.
FALSE CLAIMSare getting used by scammers, that is why they seem to get more crazy by the day.
correct and true claims follow rules/laws and are neither crazy nor random.

Neutron21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Copyright has been abused by people as a form of ransom which youtubers are familiar with. If you need a VPN why not look into Proton Mail's ProtonVPN. Security and privacy is concerning which is why I am a avid Linux user. Oh and look into a macchanger which helps as well for further privacy and security.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Raptor Revolt Demo 4_10_2021 3_12_09 PM.png

Latest custom tileset work for RAPTOR REVOLT in this beach scene set in the acheroraptor capital in Ridge City, Hell Creek.
unknown.png

I figured it was about time to update the battle sprite for one of my characters. The old one was the first time I ever drew a battle sprite, and filled with lines that shouldn't be there. So far, the new one is cleaner.
EQAQeW8.png

This was supposed to become her neutral talking stance, but now i just feel like she looks a little puzzled :D
I'm also open for any name suggestions, as i seriously suck at those. In my notes everything is just THE CITY or THAT GUY and THIS PRIESTESS or whatever :D
Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sircoochievert