- Oct 23, 2016
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
KODERA optimization 1.0.4
by Mariusz 'koder' Chwalba
This plugin exchanges various elements of core RPG Maker engine with faster counterparts. No functionality is lost or gained. Function most noticeable on low-end phones / tablets / netbooks.
- Improves framerate and decreases battery usage on mid-range mobile devices.
- No other effect on game whatsoever.
How to Use
- Download KODERA_optimization.js into js/plugins directory.
- Activate in plugin manager (F10)
- 1.0.0 - initial release
- 1.0.1 - fixes incompatibility with YEP_X_VisualHpGauge
- 1.0.2 - hotfix for another incompatibility with YEP_X_VisualHpGauge
- 1.0.3 - fixes in-animation SE not playing
- 1.0.4 - fixes game freeze when using skill targeting all allies
Plugin is FREE to use in both FREE and COMMERCIAL products. No guarantee, implied or otherwise, is given. Attribution required in reasonable place (credits).
Bugs and feature requests
Bug reports and feature requests are accepted on GitHub issue tracker.
Tested with RPG Maker MV 1.3.2, 1.3.3 and 1.3.4.
Notes and recommendations
Plugin was made to enable deployment of RPG Maker games to mid-range mobile devices. My reference devices were Samsung GT-I9300 (galaxy S3) and MyPhone Q10 Premium. Both devices shown improvement in framerate from 20% (idle map, from 23 FPS to 30 FPS) to 500% (combat animations, from 1 FPS to 5 FPS). Your experience may wary depending on devices and plugins used and general structure of game. No other changes made to functionality of game engine - just replaces some functions with faster variants.
I recommend also updating PIXI.js rendering engine to latest version.
Latest release of PIXI.js - v4.2.2 - is not compatible with RPG Maker as of 1.3.4; I have confirmed compatibility of v4.1.1 which can be downloaded from https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/pixi.js/4.1.1/pixi.min.js
Last edited by a moderator: