Reaction score
First Language
Welsh
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"A school full of wonder, full of dreams, yet full of certain death."

wOJgj1f.png

SYNOPSIS

Emi Urabe felt the cold wooden floor as she landed with a thud against it, bruising both her knees and ankles. It was quite damp, she thought. Drops of water splashing gracefully in a sink and a freezing breeze coming through an open window. Where was she?

It was only when Tokho stood up from her belligerent fall that she felt comforted, not alone, feeling as though she could conquer the world. The sudden realization of the school only became noticeable as they both drifted into deep thought.

Both of them took a close look at the note on the wall.

"Heavenly Host...? But, that school, or this school, for that matter, closed down years ago?"

Bizarrely confused, they both scanned their environment. Cracks in the floor, a rundown wall, an old chalkboard, different to the modern technology displayed above.

Only when she saw what the drops really consisted of did she suddenly spurt out of the silence.

"H-hold on, I've been here before...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION

Corpse Party -insanity- is a new take on the series, exploring not a particularly new set of characters, but a whole slew of characters that were minor in the original PC game, primarily based off of Byakudan Senior High School.

The game will be set in the canon universe of Kisaragi High and will be based on the school at that time. The game will include edited graphic rips with effects to increase the atmospheric value of the game.

It may seem at first that the game is a recreation with different characters, but as you delve deeper you will realize not everything is as it seems. After all, only certain death is a viable option in this weak facade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCREENSHOTS

tIUdra1.png

- Testing dialogue boxes. This shows the functionality of busts and name windows, while also showing off the Corpse Party original windowskin being used.

Ij2X1CR.png

- Testing the menu screen. This shows the functionality of the Z-ON Horror Menu script plus with gameplay ideas in the background.

DVmG6qC.png

- General gameplay. This looks extremely similar, however, the rips have been fitted with a vignette and a partial dreamy effect in order to better suit the game's atmosphere.

MECHANICS

The two main gameplay mechanics are:

- Fear Meter

This mechanic derives from Clock Tower (SNES) that was only released in Japan. This meter shows the current character's level of fear. This is a directly influenced device that I can control to make situations feel more, or less, urgent to my liking.

- Insanity

As the player chooses different actions throughout the game, their sanity will decrease/increase. The sanity level will become a very integral part of the multiple endings bestowed in the game.

- Corpse IDs

Depending on which rooms you visit, there will be different corpses that can be explored. Doing so will grant you with a Corpse ID and an extra unlockable item in the menu.

This game is a very rare case where not many gameplay mechanics will be needed, as the whole game will be directed to the narrative and choices of the player, extremely similar to a Visual Novel.

EPISODE LIST

CHAPTER 1: ANGUISH

Emi and Tokho awaken to a mysterious little room, similar to their homeroom, but not quite. As they discover that the school is not what it seems, they unearth the horrors that lurk within...

CHAPTER 2: FATE

Yuuya, a kind, and sweet boy. That's what the others see him as. But little does anyone know his dark side, his past. He's thought of others judging him. But now, stuck in this unearthly place... why bother when they're all gonna die anyway?

DOWNLOAD LINK

I haven't released a demo yet! Please check back later.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Signing divorce papers today. Still makes no sense to me that this is a step I need to take to get my hubby the help he needs and deserves :( Life is strange people and sometimes it throws you a curve ball you have no chance in hell of catching
Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
MacAdams wrote on Frogboy's profile.
Hey is there an MZ set of D&D style plugins yet?
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AloneSee9