Correcting Parallax Maps from Repeating to fill Resolution

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by MikeMakes, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My smaller Parallax Maps (about 20x15 tiles) are repeating on 20x15 Maps in order to fill up my 1024 x 576 resolution. How do I prevent that?

I am using the Change Tile Size Plugin with 32x32 tiles.

2. fallenlorelei

fallenlorelei Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You could change the canvas size of your original parallax image so it fits 1024x576, essentially adding a big transparent border around the perimeter.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    mmm ... parallax backgrounds are repeated automatically to fill the space.

Is it something that happens only with the plugin, or if you disable the plugin does it do the same thing?

4. MikeMakes

First Language:
    English
    I see. Is there someway I can disable this repeat feature - maybe through MV's js files? fallenloreli's method is a good suggestion, but I already have an extra folder of 32x32 tiled parallaxes, so enlarging many small rooms and making double larger copies (for editor mapping) can take up a lot of space.

If I disable the plugin, the parallax's right and bottom edge are cut off and kinda paste on the top and left.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That seems strange.

Are your parallax images larger or smaller than your screen size?

Do you have any other plugins? Have you tried disabling ALL of them?

6. MikeMakes

First Language:
    English
    The parallax image (original 32x32 tile based) is 640 x 480, which is smaller than the screen size of 1024 x 576 resolution. I have set up the x1.5 (48x48 tile based) version of 960 x 720 to display and fit on the editor's 20 x 15 grid map. Change Tile Size is set to 32.

I have disabled other plugins, but still have this issue with parallax map. I believe it's just how parallax images are handled to be tiled.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  7. Dhesmund

Dhesmund Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I too seem to be having the same problem - messed up parallax.png In the editor, it looks fine. I should add that I am using Yanfly's core engine to change the screen size to 1280 x 720. 

Edit: I have fixed the issue by making a parallel event and changing the parallax background to none. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    Mixerlix likes this.
  8. MikeMakes

First Language:
    English
    ^ That solution simply erased the parallax map for me. Were you using a parallax map or just the lightning with tiles? Are you using any Overlay scripts?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
  9. Dhesmund

Dhesmund Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I used a parallax map. I saved my map with an ! before the name and in the map editor I used the image as a background. I also saved the map in my pictures folder (I used photoshop to edit it and created two different layers - the actual map itself and a shadow layer) and created a parallel event to show the pictures (my map - bottom layer and top layer), used a plugin to bind the pictures to the map, changed parallax to none and then erased event.  

10. MikeMakes

First Language:
    English
    Ah, I see how it works now with the pictures. But now you would have to erase the pictures when transitioning?