Corrupt P.C., Lost Everything; Project Is Still Exported On My Android, Any Hope Here?

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
G'day all.
As the title suggests, I lost my old H.D. 3-4 months ago. Data is unrecoverable according to the experts, however, before I started making some bigger changes on my project, I exported what I had onto an app to test it on my mobile. I still have this app, and I'm beginning to think if there was some way to take the data compressed in the app and open it back up as it would be on P.C. as a .project file.

My question: anyone know if it's possible/how?
I believe the data was neither flagged to be accessible or inaccessible when exporting the project for mobile as is the norm when exporting for P.C.--I use the standard P.C.-to-mobile tutorial from here.

I know it may be a long shot but nobody ever won shot-put by aiming for their ankles.

You will be beyond acknowledged in the end project.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this can be done if your project is unencrypted which I'm pretty sure is not the case. The www folder of the game which is in the apk file has all the stuff that you need. If you can extract it from the apk file, just put a game.rpgproject file(copy it from another project) inside the www folder and the project should open up.
If you search the net, you can find some methods to extract data from apk files. I found a stack overflow thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7888102/how-to-extract-code-of-apk-file-which-is-not-working
Of course there are more methods out there if the ones here don't work. But I don't think it can be possible if your assets were encrypted.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you had encryptedthe files, then you'll have to ask someone from Degica as to what they can do about it. No one else has legal access to the encryption and decryption methods.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[removed regarding rules!]

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

E7DsT3VXsAInVpu

working on my avatar, because i couldn't stand looking at it anymore :D
still not finished though...
alpacaraptors = love!
''Finds icons that fits the game you're making'' Only covers 20% of what you need :p
I'm very manic-y right now. I didn't sleep and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, but didn't get anything done except the bare bones concept for a POSSIBLE game.
And I can't sleep now because I'm probably gonna be hanging out with my brother and I gotta discuss a bunch of BroCoG (our game group) junk with him plus it's far to late to sleep NOW.
poppetQuestBarryApproaches.jpg
While I wait for judging, I decided to start adding more "friends" to my attic. :LZSgrin:

I swear I need a whole sound pack of menacing squeaky toy noises. :kaoswt:
I can't believe I actually managed to stay motivated for the whole Game Jam duration (1 month!), definitely will be taking a break after this :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki666